script failed; service.py
I have noticed that I now get "script failed; service.py" everytime I start xbmc. I now have another problem, when starting, too. I double click, the program seems to be starting, I can find it in processes (using quite a bit of cpu), etc but it never appears. I have given it up to 30 minutes and it never appears. I am wondering if these things are connected. I would also like to know what I can do so that the program actually starts.

Thank you..........
So-as-not to leave a message hanging. This kind of issue could be a myriad of problems, see this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708. I would say off hand; these problems could be traced back to add-ons or corrupt meta-data. I would recommend a complete deletion and a re-install. Please check the wiki's for location of XBMC files, O/S dependant.
To find out what addon is failing check the log. It will have an error
I just removed and then re-installed and now everything is working dandy. There are some small problems when the database was re-created but I can fix those easily (just a time thing). I did notice, when I removed XBMC, that it took approximately 3 times as long as the new installation did. My old installation was about 4 years old with all the updates which, I suspect, took its toll over time.

I want to thank everybody who responded again - I really appreciate it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script failed; service.py0