Thumbnails for NON library items?
I'm guessing the answer is probably no, but thought I'd ask incase I'm missing something, but is there a way to add artwork/thumbnail to an item that ISN'T in the Movie or TV Shows library view?

IE, I have my XBMC set up so that I have 4 main listings on the main screen; VIDEOS, MOVIES, TV SHOWS and SYSTEM. In Movies, naturally, are my movies (with all metadata taken care of by TheMovieDB) and likewise for TV Shows, using TheTVDB. In VIDEOS, I just have the subfolder structure of my NAS (that I stream from) so that anything that isn't movie or TV show, I can access that way; such as Documentaries, and live concert shows. Many of these are .avi's or .mkv's, etc, and some are .iso files (which are DVD rip video_ts folders made to .iso's), and look like this when viewed;

With .iso's, I just get the cine-reel on the right, with video files (.avi, .mkv, etc) I get a preview thumb I'm guessing from some point in the video file (like a still)

My question is, is there away to assign a .jpg (for example, the DVD video cover) to the .iso or .avi/mkv/etc so it shows instead of the cine-reel default or video still?

I know if I put each file in it's own sub folder, I can add a Folder/jpg to that folder and get it to show that way, but was wondering if I could do it with the actual file itself, rather than a folder (ie, less clicks, and less sub folders)
Gotham development builds (wiki) are able to read some embedded artwork in files before they are scanned in. That would require installing Linux on the ATV1.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbnails for NON library items?0