Anime nerds, assemble!
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Anime

Painfully rough page that right now is just a list of links, but will eventually be more. The idea is to collect what we have on the forums, and then use that to make a guide for hardware and playback for Anime on XBMC.

Things I hope we can cover:
  • Scanning anime content
  • disputes about show titles and how to deal with it
  • how the heck one should categorize OVAs
  • separating Anime from "normal" shows, while still having everything in the library
  • naming conventions used by release groups
  • subtitles, as well as dealing with stylized subs on low power devices like the Raspberry Pi, which has a hard time with SSA/ASS subs.
  • etc

and any advice anyone has to share about their setups.

Even if it's just links, please add them to the page or list them in this thread.

mape the raids.
RSS feeds

NyaaTorrents (Translated Anime) with remakes filtered out:

http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=rss&cats=1_37&filter=1

My reworked feed that combines both the above NyaaTorrents feed and AnimeSuki, tries to correctly set season numbers and consistently format resolutions, 8/10 bit etc in titles to make it easier to parse in torrent clients:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/anime-rss-at...format=xml

In most cases I can work out the season but it sometimes gets it wrong and I need to put in an override e.g. "Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S" is season 2. I try to find all of these each season but I'm likely to miss some (e.g. just realised I haven't done "The World God Only Knows - Goddesses Arc" -> season 3 since I don't watch the show - I'll have to fix that). Also occasionally it will misidentify a number in the title as an episode number and prepend 1x to it - not much I can do about that except keep adding exceptions as I find them.

Examples comparing the NyaaTorrents feed and my feed:

Nyaa: [UTW-Mazui]_Toaru_Kagaku_no_Railgun_S_-_17_[720p][60B4FC61].mkv
Mine: [UTW-Mazui] Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S - 2x17 [720p][60B4FC61].mkv

Nyaa: [Tsuki]_Hunter_X_Hunter_-_91_[8bit][1280x720][026F31B3].mkv
Mine: [Tsuki] Hunter X Hunter - 1x91 [8bit][720p][026F31B3].mkv

Nyaa: [EveTaku] Shingeki no Kyojin - 17 (1280x720 x264-Hi10P AAC)[FB5BC2E9].mkv
Mine: [EveTaku] Shingeki no Kyojin - 1x17 (720p x264-10bit AAC)[FB5BC2E9].mkv
Nice!
I've requested a wiki account (I'm sure I've had one before, but it's not letting me in) so I'll tidy up the entry once that's approved. I've fixed The World God Only Knows BTW.

I'll add an email address to the wiki where people can notify me that a show has the wrong season listed: [email protected].
And I've now been motivated to put some more work into getting the title reformatting as correct as possible.

I fixed a couple more cases of failing to convert to the right season.

I've created a whitelist of shows which I consider "long series" i.e. either have or are likely to have 4-digit episode counts in the not too distant future. I normally restrict to 3 digits maximum so I don't accidentally see years (e.g. 2013) as an episode number, but for these ones I allow up to 4 digits.

Discontiguous ranges work better now e.g.

NyaaTorrent: [Final8]Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 10-12 + Special 05-06 (BD 10-bit 1920x1080 x264 FLAC)
Reformatted: [Final8] Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! - 1x10-1x12 + Special 1x05-1x06 (BD 10bit 1080p x264 FLAC)

I also detect more cases of v0, v2, etc:

NyaaTorrent: [KimiSubs] Kimi no Iru Machi 1[720p][D2CAB97B][v2].mkv
Reformatted: [KimiSubs] Kimi no Iru Machi - 1x01 (v2) [720p][D2CAB97B].mkv
Just fixed some more series I noticed were wrong, and also some word-boundary matching so it should catch a few more edge cases now.
Added the KickassTorrents Anime category (filtering out unverified torrents) from this search: http://kickass.to/usearch/category%3Aani...ified%3A1/

The original RSS is: http://kickass.to/usearch/category%3Aani...3A1/?rss=1
The torrent RSS feed is causing some concern in the group that I didn't consider before. I like the idea of the feed because it basically tells you when something has aired or is generally available. I get most of my stuff from Crunchyroll anyways (not that I'm above torrenting), but seeing whenever HorribelSubs releases something tells me when it's on CR.

Our rules don't forbid torrents because that's just a protocol. It's a grayer area when we start mentioning sites and groups that provide the torrent files/tracking.

I'm really not sure if this is an issue or not. I haven't really thought about it in this way yet. It's not like you can click on the RSS feed in XBMC. Just a heads up, though. I'll talk about it more with the Team. If others would like to share their thoughts on this, feel free to do so here as well.
i don't think we should have links to torrents / torrentsites in our wiki.
it's a grey area for sure, but in my book it qualifies as linking to illegal content, which is prohibited by our rules.

your mileage may vary...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
It's actually a feedburner feed to other RSS feeds from the torrent/group sites, but one can still follow the links through, so your point still is valid. I'll remove it from the wiki to play it safe.
Fair enough. Do you want me to remove the links from the posts in this thread? As an alternative, I could produce a feed that doesn't contain any links - notification only. Thoughts?

Edit: Done - take a look at: http://feeds.feedburner.com/anime-notifi...format=xml

So if you wanted to (using Ned's example) use HorribleSubs releases as a reminder that a show is up on CR, you could take the feed, filter out anything that's not HorribleSubs (e.g. through Yahoo Pipes) and display that feed in your RSS ticker.
If there's no links then I would think there would be no issue.
(2013-09-01, 04:41)Ned Scott Wrote: If there's no links then I would think there would be no issue.

Yep. No links and just announcements are fine I guess
If you want them you are probably going to get them anyway Wink
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
How come the wiki entry for anime hasn't been updated in quite a while as there's quite a few people out there; myself included who would to be able to setup XBMC to play anime without difficulty.[/align]
There's not a whole lot to add. Maybe a link to the custom home items (wiki) page (which itself needs to be expended with some examples). The main issues that people might come across, mainly naming conventions and Hi10P on weaker systems, are already mentioned and haven't changed.

I'm always open to suggestions, though :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anime nerds, assemble!1