WIP Loop (Skin Concept)
Not sure how far I'll end up taking this, been on my hard drive for ages. Some clear inspiration (Alaska, Aeon, Surface / Xperience etc), and some views are copies of views from other skins (particularly the movies view, it's the most derivative).

Wow, this skin needs to be created. This looks awesome and simple.
Really nice!
I just loved it
I wish this real so bad.
Thanks for the encouraging feedback guys.

The concept of the skin is a focus on the home menu. I've noticed that I mostly tend to start TV shows from the recently added list or the in progress menu. I have some ideas on how to further improve this setup, which would involve modifying some of the python scripts.

When adding a whole series of TV shows, the recently added is basically rendered useless, as every recently added entry is taken over by that show. Instead of this, only one entry should be added, along the lines of "Futurama - 14 episodes added". It would also be nice to prioritise entries based on favourite shows, and stop episode appearing twice on the same screen (as is the case with newly added episodes appearing on both recently added and in progress lists on the same screen).

I really want to focus on usability and trying to make minimal amount of button presses to start content. I'd like XBMC to fade into the background as much as possible. It's a fantastic piece of software that I can envision being even better.
Two new images:

(2013-08-09, 05:25)redtapemedia Wrote: When adding a whole series of TV shows, the recently added is basically rendered useless, as every recently added entry is taken over by that show.

How true! That's the reason I never use recent item for TV shows.

Nice images btw. Thoese are mockup or coded?
(2013-08-15, 21:44)Balinus Wrote:
(2013-08-09, 05:25)redtapemedia Wrote: When adding a whole series of TV shows, the recently added is basically rendered useless, as every recently added entry is taken over by that show.

How true! That's the reason I never use recent item for TV shows.

Nice images btw. Thoese are mockup or coded?

Thanks! They're just mock ups at the moment. I'm interested in learning skinning, just trying to find the time to do so.
i promise if you make this i will use it for my mancave media center.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Loop (Skin Concept)1