• 34(current)
Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences
I just bought the mygica atv520e and I'm having trouble connecting to the internet. It connects to my router wirelessly but it gets stuck at obtaining IP address. I've also tried connecting the Ethernet to the router and even connected it directly into the modem, nothing works.
Make sure you are using the latest gica firmware?
Anyone have 4.2.2 on there 520 ? And know how to get the new lib file for sports devil to work
^sometimes mine gets stuck at obtaining IP address but its connected. Try to browse and see if its working. Im on 4.2.2 i have no idea what is lib file though.
Here is a webpage from Mygica's site talking about the 4.2.2 firmware for the atv1200.

If you go to Mygica's official forum for the the atv520 here http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewforum.php?f=18

you will see linked at the very top under 'announcements' a link to the 4.2.2 FW page for the atv1200 here http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1570

I can personally confirm that previous atv1200 FW files have been compatible with the atv520, so I am betting that this will work as well - try at your own risk though!

The youtube video on that website is handy, but the files aren't available unless you're a member of their forum. Perhaps some brave soul out there could give this upgrade a try and post back their results? The Miracast and stability fixes talked about with this latest FW might be useful!

EDIT: more info here.. apparently 520 FW being released within a week.. http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1583

Saddie
Canada
I installed atv1200 fw on my 520 without problem.
(2014-06-25, 22:44)TheCondor Wrote: I installed atv1200 fw on my 520 without problem.

Did you install the firmware v4.2.2 above? With no problems?
I've also installed atv1200 fw from this link http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1570 on my 520e without problem and it's working great with Play Store and everything working.

To proof that this upgrade is working for ATV520 check this http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php...3227#p3211
^yeah ive tried atv 1200 4.2.2 to atv520e and its working. but its lagging a bit when opening app drawer. its not that smooth compare to the one that texasfrank posted. overall ill stick with the atv1200 fw because of status bar and a working reboot option. and also playstore is working
The files for updating the 520 to 4.2.2 are now on the MyGica forum.
Is anyone having trouble playing MP3's on their ATV520 on Android 4.2.2 running Gotham? Mine keeps freezing up.

When I was on Frodo on my atv520, I used this setting in my advancedsettings.xml file and MP3's worked perfectly:
<audio>
<defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer>
</audio>

But with or without that in my advancedsettings.xml, MP3's either take 5 minutes to start playing or completely freeze xmbc (and I have to kill xbmc and restart it).

EDIT: It seems to be related to NFS. I created an SMB share of the same location and made a new connection in xbmc using SMB and the files play fine with no freezing. I might switch everything from NFS to SMB. Strange, because I switched from SMB to NFS because SMB was flakey on an old version of xbmc (I think it was frodo) on my ATV2.
I have MyGica-ATV520 and cant get picture on my Grundig Full HD TV (42'').
My HDMI ports are working fine, tried it with other devices.

So I tried MyGica-ATV520 at my friends Grundig HD TV (32'') and there
works great, just plug and play, 720p at 60Mhz.

What can I do to make it work?

Thank you all...
Picked one up today, works perfectly out of the box, connected to my WiFi, went straight to XBMC and mapped my Media Server (Win7 box with standard Windows shares) and currently playing the Japanese F1 GP in 720p without a glitch through WiFi.

I've even plugged in a Web@TV E-Blue keyboard and it works well (well, except that the tiny keys suck...) nothing to install, worked right out of the box too.

Next I will test Netflix and more XBMC plug-ins after the race is over.

One question: What are good games and gaming controllers to use? I have a Logitech F710 RF Wireless controller for example, I will try it later.

Thanks.
(2014-08-18, 21:57)wendor Wrote: I have MyGica-ATV520 and cant get picture on my Grundig Full HD TV (42'').
My HDMI ports are working fine, tried it with other devices.

So I tried MyGica-ATV520 at my friends Grundig HD TV (32'') and there
works great, just plug and play, 720p at 60Mhz.

What can I do to make it work?

Thank you all...

Well, I'm having a similar issue. It worked right out of the box on an LG 50" Plasma but will not display on a 20" Insignia LCD. I tried changing from 720p to 480p but still no display. Too bad, it would've been fantastic tucked behind the kitchen tv...
Does anyone know what Broadcom wifi chip the atv520e uses
Press THANK USER if I Help
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences5