Mini series naming convention?
I have 6 mkv files for the tv show mini series "The Lost Room". There are 3 episodes in the series, but I have 2 files per episode. I have tried naming the files S01E01.1, S01E01.2, and S01E01a, S1E01b, etc. but the scraper does not find the episode titles and organize them correctly. Anybody know what I am doing wrong?
Here is the naming convention for multiple episodes.

I personally use - Show Name.S01E01E02.ext

Actually read your post again your stating have 2 files with one episode ?

Here is the wiki page. Look into the wiki page below.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...s/TV_shows
No, he's asking about file stacking for TV episodes. File stacking (wiki) for TV shows does not work yet.
You can try the following naming convention for the two files associated with an episode:

The Lost Room S01E01 The Key and the Clock - Part 1.mkv
The Lost Room S01E01 The Key and the Clock - Part 2.mkv
  1. Scan your library for new content and it should add both files to your library as the first episode.
  2. Select TV SHOWS, locate "The Lost Room" and list the episodes. You should see two items labeled "The Key and the Clock".
  3. Open the context menu for one of the entries, select "Episode information" and look in the Path statement to see if it's pointing to the Part 1 or the Part 2 file (or simply play the file to determine which part it is).
  4. Close the Episode information panel, if necessary.
  5. Open the context menu for the same entry and select "Edit title". Append the appropriate Part number to the title (e.g., "The Key and the Clock - Part 1").
  6. Edit the title for the other library entry and add the appropriate Part number to it (e.g., "The Key and the Clock - Part 2")
  7. Repeat the above steps for the remaining two episodes (four files) for this mini-series.
There may be a simpler, more elegant way of handling this, but I know the above procedure works.
Do you have an issue with using mkvmerge to merge the two episode files into 1 complete episode? I've done this on some other shows and it seems to work well. Might work for you.
Ty for all the quick responses! I will def give these a try Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mini series naming convention?0