TrueHD on jetway nc98
I am trying to get trueHD to work on my jetway nc98 with xbmcbuntu frodo. I tried with openelec and it worked great. My tuner said "True HD". However, I want to customize, so I installed xbmcbuntu 12.2. Sound works fine, except same move does not play TrueHD, it comes out like dolby 5.1

What to do? Should I boot back to openelec and steal some config? Any suggestions?
Problem was mine. I had the passthru device set wrong. After setting passthru device to HDA Nvidia, MEI-Panasonic-TV on HDMI, everything worked fine. TrueHD is a reality. Thanks XBMC. One question: How does it know what my TV is when I have the hdmi hooked up directly to my amp?
Amp is probably set up to pass EDID info through rather than providing its own.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I figured something like that, but then why does it work? The TV has 2 speakers only and does not handle HD audio. I guess it is just passing the name of the TV through and the capabilities of the amp? I wish I understood all this HDMI audio stuff....
The proper thing for the amp to do would be to pass thru the TVs video edid and the amps audio capabilities.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TrueHD on jetway nc980