• 2(current)
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)
da-anda: Of course - happy to.

Nu7s: Will see if I can do something without need for an updated keymap. If that doesn't work out, I'll post the keymap to remap the button.
It was on my list to learn how to remap a remote, so now I did.
I added a keyboard.xml file in /userdata/keymaps/ with the following contents.
Code:
<!--Template XBMC keyboard file-->
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <o mod="ctrl">info</o>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
The more I use your skin the more I like it. Great work.
Nice one, cheers!
thanks for the skin... it works great on my raspberry pi.
Things I do miss:

# No option for addon's to change view mode
# Info bar while playing (remote control not keyboard e.g. atv, pi) I have not the letter "i" on my remote control Smile
# Weather function isn't showing (home) with weahterunderground (maybe it's not configured)
# When I watch a stream and press x the sidebar is active and not the library list. so I have to go left everytime with the keyboard
# small font size to read on a tv with big screen. It should be bigger.
# The sidebar could be white instead of black like the hidden sidebar.
# The option menu: same thing too small. There is so much space around.

Things I like:

# fast, maximinimalism, clean, very fast ...
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
@en0x: Thanks for the feedback - good to hear!

@moneymaker: again, thanks for the feedback - all good points:

# No option for addon's to change view mode
- A deliberate design decision i'm afraid. Is there a particular addon that you use that you feel suffers unduly?

# Info bar while playing (remote control not keyboard e.g. atv, pi) I have not the letter "i" on my remote control
- This has been raised several times and will be attended to in the next update. Just to check, does your 'i' button display the info for a given movie / tvshow when you browse through your collection?

# Weather function isn't showing (home) with weahterunderground (maybe it's not configured)
- The code I use is not tied to any particular plugin, so I suspect this is a configuration issue at your end. I will however investigate further.

# When I watch a stream and press x the sidebar is active and not the library list. so I have to go left everytime with the keyboard
- "X" = stop if i'm not mistaken? Does the same happen if you press 'back' whilst a video is playing? In any case, this sounds like a bug - i'll see if I can replicate.

# small font size to read on a tv with big screen. It should be bigger.
- This is something that I am determined to get right (hence setting out a minimum spec of 'legible on 24" screen from 6 feet"). Could you please be more specific? Font size in general or for the option menu and below? Could you indicate an area of text that you consider minimum size?

# The sidebar could be white instead of black like the hidden sidebar.
- An earlier iteration tried that. Believe me, it's distracting. Feel free to mod though :-)

# The option menu: same thing too small. There is so much space around.
- See earlier comments on font sizes. The smaller fonts have a bit of room to manoeuvre though, I'll see if I can't bump them up a touch.
This skin is so "almost" perfect for me it hurts I can't use it... I have so much media that having at least 5-6 custom home items for smart playlists is mandatory for me. Very slick skin though!
(2013-08-15, 00:59)Westane Wrote: This skin is so "almost" perfect for me it hurts I can't use it... I have so much media that having at least 5-6 custom home items for smart playlists is mandatory for me. Very slick skin though!

Oh, how many custom home items are available ? I was about to give this a shot because it looks great but I need some flexibility on the home menu items.
@Westane, @dalben

Maximinimalism handles custom menu items a little differently from other skins in this regard.

Both the video and music sections can have up to 5 custom menu items (accessed from left 'hidden' menu), but these are currently limited to video / music addons. Custom playlists can be accessed from the video / music menus.

I'll look into extending the custom menu item selection to allow for playlists as well as addons (and increase their number) - would this be sufficient?
Ok, I'll have to try it. So under videos I could add 5 more items. Can they all be rearranged ? Smart playlists or folders can be added ? If so then my needs are catered for.
Rearrangement is possible, sort of. Your best bet is to just give it a go and see if it fits your needs (the third image on the slideshow for this thread indicates what you should expect).

To reiterate what I said in my last post, custom menus are currently addons only. Folders and smart playlists will be added in a future update, but in the meantime you can still browse them via 'playlists' and 'files'.
i also really like this minimalism of this skin.

couple of questions regarding your going forward.

first. i'm a user that has no need for the program icon, is there a future in being able to change / remove home items?
do you plan to add more detailed weather?

also, wondering about fanart / single image display on home screen.
do you have plans to make it so I can have a single image display on the home page (or for different sections)??
do you plan to make it so the fanart for the item selected is displayed? instead of just random fanart always displayed?

thanks in advance... i'll keep checking your progress.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Hi Locomot1f,

Incidentally, the home item that currently points to programs is actually a placeholder for emulated games :-) I'm waiting for the retroplayer branch to level out a bit before doing anything with it. That being said, expanding the home menu with a bit of user customisation will happen at some point (this is a WIP skin after all).

- Weather
Detailed weather will be included in the final release.

- Fanart
I have no plans currently to add much in the way of options relating to static imagery to replace fanart, but this is something that could be easily achieved by a modder... My thinking here is that the fanart reflects your collection / taste etc - a clear visual indication that this is *your* HTPC. I would like to be able to do more with the homescreen though - I find its current reliance on movie fanart limited and maintain it only because movie fanart tends to be of a higher quality than tv.

Separate fanart can be specified for videos, music and games. I deliberately chose not to change the fanart in response to the selected item for the simple reason of speed. Note that the tvshow episode and season screens will however always show the fanart for that show.
(2013-08-15, 10:18)thedeadman Wrote: I'll look into extending the custom menu item selection to allow for playlists as well as addons (and increase their number) - would this be sufficient?

That would be fantastic!
# A deliberate design decision i'm afraid. Is there a particular addon that you use that you feel suffers unduly?
- LiveStreams AddOn, It would be great to have also a change view option for the 'All AddOns' section. e.g. thumbnail (quads) view.

#This has been raised several times and will be attended to in the next update. Just to check, does your 'i' button display the info for a given movie / tvshow when you browse through your collection?
- I don't have movies to test it now. My Server is offline.

# The code I use is not tied to any particular plugin, so I suspect this is a configuration issue at your end. I will however investigate further.
- You don't need to investigate. Weatherground was not configured. I don't know why but now it's working great.

# "X" = stop if i'm not mistaken? Does the same happen if you press 'back' whilst a video is playing? In any case, this sounds like a bug - i'll see if I can replicate.
- Yep, x=stop. Yes.

# This is something that I am determined to get right (hence setting out a minimum spec of 'legible on 24" screen from 6 feet"). Could you please be more specific? Font size in general or for the option menu and below? Could you indicate an area of text that you consider minimum size?
- e.g. when my addons are listed. (FreeCable, Hulu, LiveStreams)

# An earlier iteration tried that. Believe me, it's distracting. Feel free to mod though :-)
- Big Grin

# See earlier comments on font sizes. The smaller fonts have a bit of room to manoeuvre though, I'll see if I can't bump them up a touch.
- o.k.

Next thing that is really missing and a must have: cyrillic fonts. Blush
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)20