Req raspmc airplay to iDevice
I have a Raspbmc which is hooked up to my Synology DS212. I am loving the features available on the Raspbmc and so far the way it handles my movies, tv shows, music and and pictures is astonishing. So much so that i'd love to make it my default media centre.

I've been playing around with internet radio, and would love to be able to send the audio from my Raspbmc via AirPlay to my Airport Express (connected to my amp), and if possible to my old iPhones running Airfoil that i have on docking stations around the house.

Is this possible now? or could it be in the near future? As far as i know, this is Apple technology and they might be upset to learn that this is available in a non-iTunes environment; however Synology have achieved it with their Audio app to a certain extent.
If XBMC on R-Pi could use pulse audio, it's possible in theory, but I do not think pulse audio is an option with the XBMC/R-Pi combination.

http://packages.debian.org/sid/pulseaudio-module-raop
Thanks Ned, this is really helpful. Can you point me in the direction of finding out if this could be a solution? I'm finding the whole Linux/raspbmc code comparability a bit of a mind job, but am eager to learn.

So am I right that the pi is Arm? And that is the info needed to compare against the pulse audio code?
It is ARM, but the big issue is that all video and audio output on the Raspberry Pi uses a special OMX player. I think Raspbmc (wiki) has an experimental pulseaudio setting.
Ned,

I've had a go at installing pulseaudio (thanks for the link):

pi@raspbmc:/etc/apt$ sudo apt-get install pulseaudio-module-raop
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
pulseaudio-module-raop is already the newest version.
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
pulseaudio-module-raop : Depends: libpulse0 (= 4.0-6) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: pulseaudio (= 4.0-6) but 5.0 is to be installed
Depends: pulseaudio-module-zeroconf but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

So, as i'm newish to all this linux CLI stuff, it looks that RASPBMC already has pulseaudio installed. Can you explain the dependencies? and why apt-get is making the call that they are not going to be installed.

thanks in advance.
I probably don't know much more than you do when it comes to the linux command line :/
OK - Thanks Ned Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
raspmc airplay to iDevice0