WIP [windows] Enable shader based HQ scalers for DXVA renderer
(2014-10-21, 14:52)derekjason Wrote: Try render method - DXVA-HD.

Thanks, but it the same, can only chose auto or dxva.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Not sure what's going wrong for you but on NVidia systems this settings most likely results in a black screen. This is why I have disabled it in the first stage.
(2014-10-21, 18:29)FernetMenta Wrote: Not sure what's going wrong for you but on NVidia systems this settings most likely results in a black screen. This is why I have disabled it in the first stage.

Ok ....but no black screen, just not working.....did you see the settings I posted?

Would a debug log help? Also, can't imagine that running at 4k would cause any issue in being able to select an option.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
I am sorry. This feature is not implemented correctly and should have never hit the code base. I reactivated it for users, mostly AMD, who were used to it and complained about regression. My time is limited and I can't support this for systems it had never worked anyway.
I am using this successfully on a 660Ti. This is all I have in my advancedsettings.xml:

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<dxvaallowhqscaling>true</dxvaallowhqscaling>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

Perhaps try a clean install of the most recent Kodi nightly?
for me this is working. the advancedsettings xml above should be correct. i have render methode set to dxva
(2014-10-21, 19:34)FernetMenta Wrote: I am sorry. This feature is not implemented correctly and should have never hit the code base. I reactivated it for users, mostly AMD, who were used to it and complained about regression. My time is limited and I can't support this for systems it had never worked anyway.

Your honesty is awesome, however, I don't think its your fault. I'll try some of the other suggestions, and, if, that does not work, then perhaps a debug might help.
Solved - human error on my side - incorrectly named advancedsettings.xml.xml

Thanks so much for your hard work - it works perfect!!!!
(2013-08-28, 18:32)Martijn Wrote: First post updated updated to new build

Testing:
When testing, please check:
render method set to PS/DXVA
scaling methods DXVA/Bicubic/Lanczos3/Spline36 and their "optimized" versions.

Please also add "AE_ENGINE = ACTIVE" to your Windows environment variables
http://www.nextofwindows.com/how-to-adde...windows-7/
Environment name: AE_ENGINE
Environment value: ACTIVE

That link doesn't work anymore. Is it a user or system variable?
The AE_ENGINE stuff is not needed anymore if you are trying to add that.
(2015-04-29, 09:31)jjd-uk Wrote: The AE_ENGINE stuff is not needed anymore if you are trying to add that.

I read in another thread or bug report that it might help make Blu-ray seamless branching playback work more smoothly.
(2015-04-29, 14:30)ntropy Wrote:
(2015-04-29, 09:31)jjd-uk Wrote: The AE_ENGINE stuff is not needed anymore if you are trying to add that.

I read in another thread or bug report that it might help make Blu-ray seamless branching playback work more smoothly.

absolute bull
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[windows] Enable shader based HQ scalers for DXVA renderer0