MySQL database and xbmc 10 to 12 help
Hi all

I have a server running MySQL and have two front end machines running xbmc 10.1 and want to upgrade to xbmc 12.2 and I wanted to know does xbmc 12 use a different database to xbmc 10

If so can I jump back and forward to xbmc 10 and xbmc 12 as I will be testing it out. And can I delete the older data base of xbmc 10 if I keep using xbmc 12.

Any help or advice would be great

Thanks.
It will make a new DB, but for a jump like that, backup everything.

I would also export the library as separate files (making nfo files all over the place). I used to hate doing that, because I didn't like all the extra files next to my media, but it's the best and safest way to preserve your library, and it makes rebuilding on either a local library or MySQL library really easy.

Also read this to make sure XBMC's MySQL user has access to create the new database: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...BMC_to_v12
Cheers

I always export my media to a separate folders I have all pictures and .nfo saved in each of there own folders.
just a quick question is the sources.xml the same for xbmc12 as with 10 and can i just copy that over to ?

thanks
Hi all

I have looked at the XBMC 10.1 database and it has

mymusic7
myvideos34.db

Will the above database be unused and still working ok for xbmc 10.1 when i do a fresh new install of xbmc 12.2. Will xbmc 12.2 create its own new databse abd leave the xbmc 10.1 dtatbase alone. ?

so that i may be able to jump back and forward to each version of xbmc untill i have xbmc12.2 sorted.

thanks
anyone ? wanted to start upgrading
Yes and yes. Add-ons might get updated though, and when you jump back to 10 they might not work, but the library databases for each version should remain separate.
Cheers will give it a shot on the weekend.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL database and xbmc 10 to 12 help0