judder issue with 60fps MKV files on XBMC 12.2
Hi Guys.

I've installed the "XBMCbuntu 12.2" on my "Xtreamer Ultra 2 Delux" and experience some juddering issues while playing the 60fps MKV files.
All 24fps MKVs work fluently. ("Adjust display refresh rate to match video" is being turned on so the 24fps playback is synchronized to its actual refresh rate but if I turn the "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" function off and keep the refresh rate at 60fps, the picture becomes jumpy too.

I've tried to change the playback options but hadn't achieved any positive result.
[playback - current configuration]
Render mode <Auto Detect>
Allow hardware acceleration (VDPAU) <on>
Allow hardware acceleration (VAAPI) <on>
Adjust display refresh rate to match video <Always>
Sync playback to display <Off>

I would really appreciate any help.

Please find the log file here: The movie called "Star_Trek_1080p_60fps.mkv" starts at 02:17:35 (line 346).
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=43563

Please assist.
Yuri D
Try the wsnipex xvba ppa - this has a rewritten VDPAU implementation. 60fps is near max of the nvidia card.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thank you so much for your quick response, this is really much appreciated!

Just did it (installed the "ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba"), but unfortunately nothing has changed... same judder still occurs at the same scenes of the movie.
So basically what you're saying that this is a hardware limitation of the NVIDIA® GT520M and that's the end of the story? Sad
Debug Log with this version, please.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Here it is: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=43753
The movie starts at 20:21:20 (line 825) and played for 3 minutes.
This is not the wsnipex version:

Code:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba-frodo
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-bin
sudo apt-get upgrade

Edit: missed the frodo, as you had 12.2 before.
Done.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=43798 (line 155)
The movies looks the same (with judder at the same scenes) except it's not crushing at the begging of the movie.
And there is no sound now... doesn't matter what file I play.

This version has different menus for the system, video output and audio output. Most of the features are missing or simply not being visible anymore.
System info shows XBMC 13.0 ALPHA5 version...
Yeah - you landed on the xbmc-xvba ppa for now. If you read back, I edited my post, cause I wanted to send you to xbmc-xvba-frodo.

For the Audio settings, go to the audio Settings Page and press "left" and choose "Advanced" to make your settings. As you are on 13 Alpha anyways now - you can use the xbmc-xvba-testing ppa.

Or remove it again, remove the ppa and add the frodo one (see my previous post).
Also disable VAAPI in the Settings. This only causes errors.
Strange, but I can't get this screen where the advanced settings can be turned on on...
By pressing the "left" button in the system-settings menu (on keyboard or remote control) I get the user directories such as "movies", TV shoes". music and etc.
That's the menu you want me to navigate to: http://xbmc.org/xbmc-13-gotham-april-and-may-cycles/ but I can't open it.

What am I doing wrong?

p.s. VAAPI is available only from the advanced menu type I guess, soon as I have an access to it, I will turn it off...

Perhaps the AEON NOX skin doesn't support this menu yet?

Yep, Confluence has it but AEON NOX doesn't.

So I got the Confluence back and turned the advanced settings on.
Got VAAPI disabled as required.
The movie is still being jumpy from type to time at the same scenes and it doesn't crash at the start.
Please see the log file attached below: start time 01:49:58; line 2202.

I was testing my other files and came across the DTS-HD sound issue.
I test it with the 24fps m2ts file called "hd_dts_animated_logo_lossless.m2ts"
My receiver (VSX-522-k) doesn't recognize the payback as DTS-HD sound based like it did before. on XBMC 12.2.
I've configured the same audio settings...
Is it a known issue in this build?
Please see the same log file: start time 01:52:24; line 2669.

The log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=43818
**********************************************************************************************************
OK, So I got back to the Confluence skin and turn the advanced settings on.

The movie is still being jumpy at the same scenes but doesn't crush at the start. (Please see the log file below: movie starts at 01:49:58; line 2202)

Another issue is that there is no DTS-HD sound. The picture is fluent (I have an m2ts [24fps] test file called "hd_dts_animated_logo_lossless.m2ts")
My receiver (VSX-522-k) to which Xtreamer Ultra is connected, does not recognize it as DTS-HD as it did before while paying the same m2ts file.
Is it a known issue with this build ? (Same log, starts at 01:52:24; line 2669) I see some errors but have no idea what it means.

Log is attached: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=43818
So I got the Confluence back and turned the advanced settings on.
The movie is still being jumpy from type to time at the same scenes and it doesn't crash at the start.
Please see the log file attached below: start time 01:49:58; line 2202.

I was testing my other files and came across the DTS-HD sound issue.
I test it with the 24fps m2ts file called "hd_dts_animated_logo_lossless.m2ts"
My receiver (VSX-522-k) doesn't recognize the payback as DTS-HD sound based like it did before. on XBMC 12.2.
I've configured the same audio settings...
Is it a known issue in this build?
Please see the same log file: start time 01:52:24; line 2669.

The log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=43818
Concerning the sound: Please upgrade to the latest xbmc-xvba-testing. We have rewritten the AudioEngine in there. SoftAE is a dead horse. Btw. you have a complete pulseaudio installation. Pulseaudio cannot do dts-hd, so make sure the pulse default device does not block your HDMI device:

Quote:23:49:53 T:3007047488 NOTICE: m_deviceName : hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=1
23:49:53 T:3007047488 NOTICE: m_displayName : HDA NVidia
23:49:53 T:3007047488 NOTICE: m_displayNameExtra: HDMI #1
23:49:53 T:3007047488 NOTICE: m_deviceType : AE_DEVTYPE_HDMI
23:49:53 T:3007047488 NOTICE: m_channels : FL,FR,BL,BR,FC,LFE,SL,SR
23:49:53 T:3007047488 NOTICE: m_sampleRates : 32000,44100,48000,88200,96000,176400,192000
23:49:53 T:3007047488 NOTICE: m_dataFormats : AE_FMT_S32NE,AE_FMT_S16NE,AE_FMT_S16LE

It rather looks, you booted with AVR off. Not even a sign of a HD capable receiver.

For the drops in video - I only see them, if you press the Info Key. If you can upload a short sample of the movie - I can test on my hardware (tomorrow).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
judder issue with 60fps MKV files on XBMC 12.20