• 12(current)
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher
(2014-05-13, 07:30)SamBotte Wrote: Alright, i got a little bit of progress here today: if I use the following script, I am able to lunch a chromium windows with mouse and keyboard access.

Code:
openbox &
chromium-browser "$@" &
wait %2
kill %1

basically i remove the first line
Code:
#!/bin/bash

I am not sure yet, how "clean" this is. One last issue is that it is launching my browser in a window and not full screen.

This is something for tomorrow.

I am getting confused.
I have tried to replace openbox with unity and yes the browser will open in fullscreen mode (I installed unity to give it a try).
I have no sound in chromium but if I go in XBMCbuntu desktop, i will have sound in chromium.

Does anyone might explain why openbox will not open my browser fullscreen when unity does it? And how could I get sound in Chromium launched from this addon?
Can't say enough how excited I am to finally merge my Netflix and XBMC, many many thanks to all of the hard work that has been put in to get this working!

After the last few hours, I have managed to get just about everything working. The last issue I have, is the sound is coming from the wrong speakers on my system. I currently am running XBMCBuntu on a closed laptop, with the HDMI output running to my system. Under XBMC, sound has always been correct. But upon launching the Chromium browser and playing the Netflix stream, sound is coming from the laptop speakers instead of pushing over HDMI.

Any thoughts on how I can adjust the audio output?
Set a default audio device pointing to HDMI using a .asoundrc file.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks, I found the solution. I had to set my default audio device in /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf. After reboot everything now goes to my HDMI audio as I wanted.

Is there any known issues with studdering during playback of Netflixbmc? All of my videos do it after about 30 seconds. I can rewind/ff and it plays smooth again, then 30 seconds or so later, it starts playing like crap again.
I finally got this working on my Win7 install by creating a symbolic link (mklink /j) to the Chrome folder location. I could then set the custom location in Chrome launcher to Chrome.exe
(2014-05-28, 10:18)HIPYRO Wrote: I finally got this working on my Win7 install by creating a symbolic link (mklink /j) to the Chrome folder location. I could then set the custom location in Chrome launcher to Chrome.exe

Yes, that is the answer. For people struggling to get this working, navigate to this folder via a command prompt:

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher

type this:
mklink /j chrome C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\

Go back to XBMC and get to the Chrome Launcher add-on settings. Make sure "Use custom Chrome/script path" is selected, then click "Chrome/script path". Click the chrome folder, then select chrome.exe. That should be all you need to do to get it working.
Can be assigned ESC key to exit Chrome and go back to xbmc? I dont have ctrl+f4 and alt tab in yatse
Probably and idiotic question, but none of my custom web sites will launch chrome in kiosk mode, even though I'm setting "yes" in the config.

Am I missing something/is there a workaround?

Sorry for the daftness.

Dan
With yelo tv you can watch live TV on every desktop computer, tablet ,...In windows through your browser (using microsoft light plugin)

I found this plugin here...

IS there a way to use this plugin for this? and change it to standard opening yelotv.be page?
And will it be able to play the stream?
(2014-06-06, 13:52)johndj1 Wrote: Probably and idiotic question, but none of my custom web sites will launch chrome in kiosk mode, even though I'm setting "yes" in the config.

Am I missing something/is there a workaround?

Sorry for the daftness.

Dan

Guys

What do I need to do to get the browser to launch in Kiosk Mode? I keep the default "yes" when I add the web site.

Also, is it possible to maximise the window on open?

Cheers

Dan
Is there a way to stop XBMC from responding to the remote control in linux while chrome is running? I have added some remote control programming so I can navigate sites using a remote, but both chrome and xbmc (underneath) are responding to this. I arrive at really random places when chrome is closed?
Quote:Is there a way to stop XBMC from responding to the remote control in linux while chrome is running? I have added some remote control programming so I can navigate sites using a remote, but both chrome and xbmc (underneath) are responding to this. I arrive at really random places when chrome is closed?

I had the same issue and could resolve it by stopping and starting LIRC in XBMC using the XBMC Built in Functions "LIRC.Stop" and "LIRC.Start" in the Python script of the Chrome Launcher Add-on.

At the moment I do not have access to this modified script but can post it later today or tomorrow.

Update: these are the modifications I applied to

~/.xbmc/addons/plugin.program.chrome.launcher-master/default.py
Code:
149a150
>             xbmc.executebuiltin('LIRC.Stop', wait=True)
151c152,153
<             subprocess.Popen(fullUrl, shell=True)
---
>             subprocess.call(fullUrl, shell=True)
>             xbmc.executebuiltin('LIRC.Start')
152a155
>             xbmc.executebuiltin('LIRC.Stop', wait=True)
154c157,158
<             subprocess.Popen(fullUrl, shell=True)
---
>             subprocess.call(fullUrl, shell=True)
>             xbmc.executebuiltin('LIRC.Start')
That didn't work for me, as the Popen was forked, so the LIRC.start was immediately executed

I got it working with:

p = subprocess.call(fullUrl, shell=True)
p.communicate()

The p.communicate then waits for chrome to finish.
@rodac

Good to hear you got it working.

Question form my side: did you manage to configure LIRC / your remote for Telephone Keypad style text entry?
(2014-06-24, 11:06)ulibuck Wrote: @rodac

Good to hear you got it working.

Question form my side: did you manage to configure LIRC / your remote for Telephone Keypad style text entry?

No, I used the mythnetflix.sh scripts for MythTV (which I'm also using), and hacked the script to launch firefox instead. I use the number keys for micro mouse movements and the arrow keys for larger ones. I have a nice keyboard I can reach for if I need text entry.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher8