• 20(current)
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher
I have been having issues, Firstly I am on windows 7 at the moment but plan to use kodibuntu or openelec. I have been trying to get netfliXBMC to work, Firstly I downloaded the latest kodi and installed on windows 7 64bit I then installed repository.addonscriptorde-beta to get the chrome launcher 1.1 and netflxbmc addon 1.3.4. I just get a script error when I try to run netflix and my efforts to update netflixbmc to 1.3.14. have failed. I have tried force refresh but i can't seem to get it to update to 1.3.14. Any help would be appreciated. Does anyone know if the netflix will work in openelec or will i have to go down the kodibuntu route thanks.

Sorry just realised this is posted in the wrong section
Almost working but I have two questions remaining.......

I'm using Kodibuntu.

Has anyone had success getting rid of the mouse cursor in the middle of the screen?

How do you exit chrome using only the remote?

Thanks!
Not sure about the cursor, but to exit you could map a remote button to Alt-F4?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Jeremy White
I am running XBMCbuntu and have Alt-F4 mapped to my Harmony Remote. Works well, sometimes a little too well and will close XBMC/Kodi as well.

As for the mouse, what I found was to use unclutter. I originally found this http:// www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...9&p=404652 and adapted it to XBMCBuntu.
So then I looked at this
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/hard...ter.1.html

First install unclutter
Code:
sudo apt-get install unclutter
then I edited the autostart file (you may want to check yours isn't Kodibuntu) I just drilled down in filezilla to check
Code:
sudo nano /etc/xdg/lxsession/XBMCbuntu/autostart
added the line
Code:
@unclutter -idle 0.1 -root
and works fine. You could adjust the settings as per the instruction link.
1. I want to use something separate than chrome like chromium. How do I set the path exactly for chrome launcher to use chromium? Say I have chromium located at "C:\chromium\chromium.exe"

2. How do I get the links I created in chrome launcher to show up in VIDEO rather than PROGRAMS in Kodi?

3. Last thing. This works great but I use Yatse to control Kodi from my android. After launching netflix from chrome launcher I lose control because it is no longer in Kodi but in chrome. I want to use my nexus tablet as remote still any suggestions? Can the chrome launcher integrate directly into Kodi so that Yatse remote control will still work since chrome or chromium would then be integrated into Kodi? I thouht there was a browser that runs inside of Kodi can I use that as the default browser for chrome launcher?
(2013-09-01, 23:58)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: v1.0.3:
- Added --start-maximized parameter
- Added --disable-translate parameter
- Added --disable-new-tab-first-run parameter
v1.0.4:
- Added setting to start a custom user script before chrome

(2013-08-22, 20:05)subcityzero Wrote: Nice beginning, but the Chrome window is displaying only on the half of the screen.
How can I fix this?
I did a clean install of Chrome (didn't have it yet until I tried this plugin)

Also, even while Chrome is running on the half of the screen, there is no way to gain focus on it.
I have turned of mouse stuff, I just want to launch youtube for example, and navigate with my MCE remote (which works perfectly in XBMC) but when Chrome is open, XBMC is still collecting the keystrokes.
Chrome needs a running desktop environment to run properly / be controllable. So i guess, you are directly running XBMC as a shell.
I now added a setting to run a custom user script before chrome, so you can start your desktop environment.

Hey,

I am working at this for some time now, but it's not getting any better.

I am on kodibuntu/xbmcbuntu right now, with a nvidia graphics card, and a HDMI TV connected to it.
Chrome Launcher itself seem to work.

The thing is... I actually want Netflixbmc to get to work.

When adding netflix as a page to Chrome launcher and starting it, its popping up fullscreen, but not giving me any sound.
Your already preinstalled sites Youtube and Vimeo work perfectly... Fullscreen, with controls and sound.
I need to mention that everything in chrome browser works without starting a dm before.
That might be because lightdm is already running as a service.

Anyway... On Netflixbmc I only get half the screen, and no sound. Controls do work, and i can close the window as it should be done, but still I have got the sympthoms as described in the quotes, even though I can confirm lightdm is running.

So why does Netflixbmc act differently to chrome launcher when it actually does nothing but providing a link to chrome launcher for chrome to browse to?

Could anyone please tell me how to do it correctly with XBMCbuntu and lightdm?

I would so much appreciate, because i only just got myself a netflix subscription for Better Call Saul, and i really dont wanna use my old XBOX360 to watch it!

Thanks in advance!

Hendrik
so many questions, i dont know where to start, so I won't. But the easy way is to autostart Kodi from the Lubuntu desktop. Make sure Kodi gui sound is disabled, or chances are netflix wont give you any sound. Of course you could install pulseaudio.. And everything is unrelated to lightdm. lightdm is not a wm.
(2015-02-16, 15:03)Soli Wrote: so many questions, i dont know where to start, so I won't. But the easy way is to autostart Kodi from the Lubuntu desktop. Make sure Kodi gui sound is disabled, or chances are netflix wont give you any sound. Of course you could install pulseaudio.. And everything is unrelated to lightdm. lightdm is not a wm.

Basically just tell me how to correctly setup Chrome Launcher / Netflixbmc with XBMCbuntu? Tongue

There is a way to get it work with the xbmcbuntu provided way of starting Kodi in a shell.

So, when light dm is not a WM, I WILL need an additional wm like openbox to start before chrome starts...? Even though it works out of the box with the couch/leanback mode of youtube that is provided with the addon?
Basically you need a
1. wm,
2. custom script with chrome launcher,
3. disable Kodi gui sounds, or use pulse audio if you need gui sounds.

Don't worry about youtube couch, you may think it works fine, but it's not working as intended without a wm.
(2015-02-16, 15:08)djneil Wrote:
(2015-02-16, 15:03)Soli Wrote: so many questions, i dont know where to start, so I won't. But the easy way is to autostart Kodi from the Lubuntu desktop. Make sure Kodi gui sound is disabled, or chances are netflix wont give you any sound. Of course you could install pulseaudio.. And everything is unrelated to lightdm. lightdm is not a wm.

Basically just tell me how to correctly setup Chrome Launcher / Netflixbmc with XBMCbuntu? Tongue

There is a way to get it work with the xbmcbuntu provided way of starting Kodi in a shell.

So, when light dm is not a WM, I WILL need an additional wm like openbox to start before chrome starts...? Even though it works out of the box with the couch/leanback mode of youtube that is provided with the addon?

When I try and make a script with openbox I get the following

Code:
hendrik@hendrik-desktop:~$ sudo openbox --config-file /home/hendrik/.config/openbox/xbmcbuntu-rc.xml
Openbox-Message: Failed to open the display from the DISPLAY environment variable.

WIth xinit i get:

Code:
hendrik@hendrik-desktop:~$ sudo xinit openbox --config-file /home/hendrik/.config/openbox/xbmcbuntu-rc.xml

(EE)
Fatal server error:
(EE) Server is already active for display 0
        If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock
        and start again.
(EE)
(EE)
Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
         at http://wiki.x.org
for help.
(EE)

What am I missing?
You cannot use openbox. Install another wm.
Hi everyone,

like a few others I have the problem that I can only see chrome on ~ half of the screen. I tried http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1876948 and inserted blackbox & and killall blackbox around the google-chrome-stable & in launcher script. Unfortunately the picture is still only on one side. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Markus
kudos for using the search function. The most obvious question would be: did you install blackbox?
Perfect answer! No I just added the comands to the script but didn't install the binary...and yes I switched the device off and on again ...

What will the second and third obvious questions be? Maybe something useful in there?!
The script is correct. Should work fine with blackbox after you have installed blackbox.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher8