• 22(current)
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher
I use a Rasberry Pi 2. With latest version of Kodi. Also I installed The Netflixbmc addon witch seems to work great until I try and actually run one of the files then it says Chrome Launcher Script failed (same as above).

Maybe I'm taking water over my head here, in that case let me know. I am new to Linux.

In the first post there are a few things I don't understand. First thing. Pipelight. I followed the links to the installation section but there is no version for Kodi..? What's up with that. I assumed it was not neccessary because there was no version for kodi, I thought it might be integrated into later versiions of Kodi since that post was written in 2013... But maybe not then ??

Edit: The page I was refering to is this one http://pipelight.net/cms/installation.html
Is chrome even available for rpi?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-03-12, 15:56)algis Wrote: I use a Rasberry Pi 2. With latest version of Kodi. Also I installed The Netflixbmc addon witch seems to work great until I try and actually run one of the files then it says Chrome Launcher Script failed (same as above).

Maybe I'm taking water over my head here, in that case let me know. I am new to Linux.

In the first post there are a few things I don't understand. First thing. Pipelight. I followed the links to the installation section but there is no version for Kodi..? What's up with that. I assumed it was not neccessary because there was no version for kodi, I thought it might be integrated into later versiions of Kodi since that post was written in 2013... But maybe not then ??

Edit: The page I was refering to is this one http://pipelight.net/cms/installation.html
NetfliXBMC doesn't work on a rpi, you can stop searching.
See post #1 faq. NetfliXBMC.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=...pid1863491
That's all well and good. Thanks for the info. But I'm still wondering about Chrome Launcher.. Why won't it open even the default pages that comes with the addon? I still wanna make it work!
(2015-03-13, 12:41)algis Wrote: That's all well and good. Thanks for the info. But I'm still wondering about Chrome Launcher.. Why won't it open even the default pages that comes with the addon? I still wanna make it work!
As far as I know pipelight doesn't work for raspberry pi devices.
Pipelight would be x86 only, not for ARM devices the pi2.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pipelight

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_architecture
Hi

I have installed this on my Chrome Box with KodiBuntu.

I have the same problem as many else I think.
I get half screen, and the remote just works in the background for Kodi. I have to use the keyboard to navigete in Chrome (ex: Youtube leanback),
and to push Ctrl-w to close it.

I use the newest KodiBuntu, and it is a standalone setup on the Chrome Box. It logs automatically into kodi. I have updated the kernel also.

I read the fist posts, and the two three last pages, but could not understand how to make the script mentioned, and get this to work.
If the script still is an option, think I read over here that the script did not work anymore?

And in the settings for the addon, I just have to choices. Nothing like deactivate kiosk mode etc, as AddonScriptorDE spoke of in this thread.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Kindly
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
Hello AddonScriptorDE

I have tested Chrome Launcher, my compliments for this project.
Do you have more similar sites like Youtube Leanback and Vimeo Couchmode ?

Best Regards
Is their a fix to return to Kodi on exit? Right now Kodi returns minimized. Yes full screen window works but is slow for my video library.
I can see the script is lying in the addon folder, but how do I get it to work?
script.sh is it`s name, should it be added as lines inside the default.py or someting?
(2015-03-15, 13:09)pettergulbra Wrote: I can see the script is lying in the addon folder, but how do I get it to work?
script.sh is it`s name, should it be added as lines inside the default.py or someting?

Have you made the script executable?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-03-01, 14:38)Sander88 Wrote: I was experiencing the "half-screen" issue with the Chrome launcher. [...] Now edit the window position and size (my screen resolution is 1360x768):
Code:
            "item_type": 1,
            "name": "Gmail",
            "parent_id": "",
            "position": "nyn"
         }
      }
   },
   "browser": {
      "window_placement": {
         "bottom": 768,
         "left": 0,
         "maximized": false,
         "right": 1360,
         "top": 0,
         "work_area_bottom": 768,
         "work_area_left": 0,
         "work_area_right": 1360,
         "work_area_top": 0
      }
   },
   "countryid_at_install": 21843,

Thanks for posting this solution. I tried this on my brand new intel/kodibuntu installation (noob) and it had no effect. I do know I edited the correct file because it wasn't there until I ran chrome for the first time. Any follow-on ideas?

(2015-03-01, 14:38)Sander88 Wrote: I also changed the Chrome launcher script as I don't need openbox (/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.chrome.launcher/script.sh):

Code:
#!/bin/bash
#openbox &
/usr/bin/google-chrome --no-proxy-server "$@"
#kill %1

The usage of this custom script is enabled in the "Chrome Launcher' addon settings in Kodi. I have the "Use own user profile" option set to disabled.

I'm not clear how interdependent these two changes are, so I've tried A with and without B. When I try enabling the custom script I get a script failure with or without code changes.

EDIT: Ah, I missed nickr's suggestion to make scripts executable. Now they run, but browser.sh has no effect and script.sh leaves browser window invisible or killed. Also, it seems like I read somewhere that the launcher sets kiosk mode which ignores the window position settings.
-- Steve

"I just wanted a media center, not a hobby!"

HW: CPU - Intel Core i3-4130T, RAM - 4GB, Storage: 640GB, TV Tuner - HDHomeRun Connect x3
SW: OS - LibreELEC, Media Center - Kodi 18.5, Skin - Amber, PVR - TVHeadend
(2015-03-15, 20:49)nickr Wrote:
(2015-03-15, 13:09)pettergulbra Wrote: I can see the script is lying in the addon folder, but how do I get it to work?

Have you made the script executable?

Hi

I have now run the command "sudo chmod +x script.sh" for that file in the addon folder.

But this still don`t help, still just half window, on the left side.
I do have sound, so that`s OK. :-)
Time for a debug log (wiki) surely.
That I will, just have to find out how to get my machine up and run again.
Just stop after the Kodi loading screen.
Here is the logs:
Both of them:
New: http://pastebin.com/qmNnEx56
Old: http://pastebin.com/M8CWp8hC

Noe the system is re installed, updated kernel, orginal skin, just Chrome Launcher.

Have rud the chmod command.

Thanks in advanced.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher8