• 36(current)
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher
I am just getting started on Kodi, and still learning so forgive me for asking incredibly simple questions. I switched to Kodi because Microsoft seems to be dropping all support for MCE. So I came to Kodi to get all my video formats into one package. That includes Amazon and Netflix. So I'm trying to get the NetfliXBMC add-in working, but the first time I tried it completely crashed Kodi and I had to fully uninstall it. I later realized that I needed the Chrome Launcher to make that work, so I have been trying to add that but it won't install. The install button just seems to do nothing. Most other add-ons give the "downloading XX%" instantly and then eventually it reaches 100% and it becomes enabled. This one does nothing though. What am I doing wrong?
http://xbmclogs.com/pjlggbdx8
I'm also new to Kodi for the same reason (although used xbmc way back on the original xbox).

After you install the zip file in Kodi, you then need to install from the repository (rather than from zip as you chose before) created.

Pretty sure that's it off memory
(2015-08-05, 04:18)DanteLarka Wrote: Running kodi on kodibuntu, i'm gettng "script failed: chrome launcher" whatever custom script i use. When I don't run a custom script I'm getting the "Chrome not found" error. I've tried everything I've found on the web, but nothing has worked so far, so I'm trying here now. If you can someone can find a way to figure it out, you'd truly make my week.

I had the same problem, as chrome was not installed in the "default" folder, but a soft link fixed it for me. Find the right folder and then try running something like
Code:
sudo ln -s /usr/bin/google-chrome-stable /usr/bin/google-chrome

I hope this helps with running chrome without the script. I couldn't get any script to run either, but would be interested to hear solutions!
(2015-08-16, 07:51)Pete_Repeat Wrote: I'm also new to Kodi for the same reason (although used xbmc way back on the original xbox).

After you install the zip file in Kodi, you then need to install from the repository (rather than from zip as you chose before) created.

I am trying to install it from the repository. It just doesn't do anything.
(2015-08-16, 20:36)jeflatt Wrote:
(2015-08-16, 07:51)Pete_Repeat Wrote: I'm also new to Kodi for the same reason (although used xbmc way back on the original xbox).

debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-08-16, 21:50)nickr Wrote:
(2015-08-16, 20:36)jeflatt Wrote:

debug log (wiki)

http://xbmclogs.com/pboak4ui1
So I just did a new install of Kodi and Chrome Launcher after updating my PC to Windows 10 and Chrome will not open in kiosk mode, it is just opening a regular chrome window, any ideas? I never had any issues with this addon when my PC was running windows 7.
(2015-08-21, 02:33)ajskuce Wrote: So I just did a new install of Kodi and Chrome Launcher after updating my PC to Windows 10 and Chrome will not open in kiosk mode, it is just opening a regular chrome window, any ideas? I never had any issues with this addon when my PC was running windows 7.

Check your settings, verified working in 10.
(2015-08-21, 02:42)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:
(2015-08-21, 02:33)ajskuce Wrote: So I just did a new install of Kodi and Chrome Launcher after updating my PC to Windows 10 and Chrome will not open in kiosk mode, it is just opening a regular chrome window, any ideas? I never had any issues with this addon when my PC was running windows 7.

Check your settings, verified working in 10.

Check what settings? Even the 2 default websites (Venmo and Youtube) dont work either.
Redownload the addon, delete the settings folder for the addon, re install the addon. Just did that and ONLY that and the addon launches the sites just fine. It may be a windows thing....I have never been a fan of upgrading, I always do a clean install. It appears that a lot of people are upgrading and having issues after the upgrade. Even to the point that they are going back to 8.1/7.
I see you can launch Chrome from within Kodi, but is there a way for Kodi to pop back up once you cross off Chrome?

When I loaded Chrome from Kodi, it loaded full screen without the address bar and therefore bookmarks. Ideally I'd like to load chrome for watching a few catch up services. Then when finished, close chrome and automatically arrive back at Kodi.
Yes, that IS how it works
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Anyone have a CLUE how to get this working in Android?? The plugin says it can't find chrome however it is definitely installed.
(2015-08-23, 22:39)Skrell Wrote: Anyone have a CLUE how to get this working in Android?? The plugin says it can't find chrome however it is definitely installed.
See post one for the needed information. Win/OSX/Linux.
This addon doesn't work for the platform android.
For those of you with a dual monitor setup, I finally found a REALLY easy fix for having this make chrome ALWAYS open up on the second monitor. This trick will also allow you to open chrome on your primary monitor to browse.

1. Open your addon folder in userdata and then open plugin.program.chrome.launcher folder.

2. Open default.py and find these lines:
Code:
path = 'C:\\Program Files\\Google\\Chrome\\Application\\chrome.exe'
        path64 = 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Google\\Chrome\\Application\\chrome.exe'
change so they look like this:
Code:
path = 'C:\\Program Files\\Google\\Chrome\\Application\\chrome2.exe'
        path64 = 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Google\\Chrome\\Application\\chrome2.exe'

3. Locate chrome.exe in program folder and make a copy in the same folder. Rename the copy to: chrome2.exe

4. Open chrome2.exe and position it on whichever monitor you would like and then close it. This will make chrome2.exe remember which monitor it was last opened on.

So, anytime chromelauncher is used, it will run chrome2. This will allow you to have your normal chrome shortcuts act and behave as they have been. Tested using many sites and different situations (possible wife mishaps) and every time chrome2 launches on secondary monitor(TV) and my normal shortcuts launch on my primary monitor (workstation/desktop).

Let me know if this works for you guys!
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher8