• 17(current)
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher
(2014-11-26, 08:48)KratsYnot Wrote: A few days ago I set up RaspBMC on the Raspberry Pi, and after installing the Chrome Launcher, whenever I try to open launcher, I just get the message 'Chrome not found." I tried uninstalling it and installing from a flash drive instead, and that did not help either. I couldn't find anywhere else this question had been asked, so would anybody here have any solutions?

Thanks,
Krats

Pretty sure chrome doesn't run on rpi
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-12-01, 10:34)joeyjoejoe Wrote: HI

I have a problem when i try to use Chrome Launcher, The symptoms are as follows.

When launching a page, even the stock vimeo page, Chrome launches, then quickly goes to background. It continues to run and in the case of vimeo, video playback starts, but I cannot access it. When I exit xbmc, Vimeo is still full screen playing in Kiosk mode.

This also happens when I use SkyGO, I dont know if this is related.

I would post some log file, but I dont see any mention of the app in there?

Thanks

Joe

Just to update, I have solved this problem now. What was happening was to do with 'focus' restrictions imposed by using xbmclauncher. The launche automatically sets the focus of xbmc to be forced to the foreground, even if another program is launched. I have resolved this in the settings now.

My next problem though, is that when Chrome does launch in kiosk mode, I can still see the taskbar, it is not full screen as if I had hit F11, why is this the case. Am i understanding this wrong, I thought it should work completely full screen?

Thanks

Joe
What OS are you on
Running Windows 8 , XBMC Helix, NetfliXBMC, and Chrome Launcher and having an issue.

If I am running true full screen Chrome Launcher will minimize XBMC and then launch Chrome. THis causes problems when XBMC doesn't regain focus and is stuck in the taskbar.

However, if I use the option in XBMC for "USe a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen". The window will launch ok, Any solutions?

EDIT: Solved. Seems NetlfiXBMC or Chrome Launcher must look for XBMC.exe to restore focus. Since XBMC is renamed to Kodi.exe in the newest versions, seems it doesn't work yet.
Hi. I run Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on my HTPC. Until a few days ago, this Ubuntu release continued to use XBMC 13.2. A couple days ago, the upstream repositories finally switched to Kodi 14.0. The switchover was mostly seamless but I've noticed that Chrome launcher now longer works.

I have the machine configured to run XBMC/Kodi in standalone mode so my script starts a desktop environment prior to firing up Chrome:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/unity &
/usr/bin/google-chrome --no-proxy-server "$@"
killall unity

This worked fine before the upgrade. What happens now is:
1) I see the unity desktop environment start. I do not see the Chrome window open.
2) After maybe one second, the screen changes back to Kodi. However Kodi no longer has mouse or keyboard focus and seems dead in the water.

If I ssh into the HTPC at this point, I can see that both Unity and Chrome are in fact running. They're just not visible.

Has Kodi changed its behavior so that it forces itself into the foreground?
Going to follow up to my own post...

I downgraded to 13.2 and verified that Chrome launcher indeed worked. So something changed in 14.0.

With that in mind, I tried something that I was pretty sure wouldn't work: I edited script.sh and commented out the two lines that start and stop the secondary desktop environment. So the new script looks like this:

#!/bin/bash

It works! Looks like starting the desktop manager isn't necessary on 14.0.
i too, am seeing the scripts i had written failing to work with the new version. i will try and see if removing openbox from the launch script fixes things, as i have several programs that use this workaround.

does anyone know what the underlying change in Kodi is?
Hello,

I am having issues also chrome-launcher runs but is in the background.

I am on Ubuntu 14.04 & Kodi 14

I can see chrome running when I login via ssh and my netflixbmc works as I can hear the sound but it must not be able to come to the front due to some sort of always on top setting in kodi.
Hello,

i´m running the current nighlty and having same problem, that chrome only is shown in the left halft screen.

I changed the /home/MYNAME/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.chrome.launcher/script.sh as in post #246 without success.

Thank you for your help
(2014-12-25, 03:33)sector72 Wrote: Going to follow up to my own post...

I downgraded to 13.2 and verified that Chrome launcher indeed worked. So something changed in 14.0.

With that in mind, I tried something that I was pretty sure wouldn't work: I edited script.sh and commented out the two lines that start and stop the secondary desktop environment. So the new script looks like this:

#!/bin/bash

It works! Looks like starting the desktop manager isn't necessary on 14.0.

Worked perfectly for me!
Had the same issue after upgrading to Kodi 14.0: chrome was starting but in the background, sound on but no way to access to it and Kodi completely froze. Removing openbox from the script solved it.
Thank you very much.
I just tried removing openbox but now i get the chrome window off center and I can see kodi down the left side of my screen.
Another data point:

Some months ago, I hacked a copy of the Chrome launcher to launch Firefox instead (for use with sites that work better with FF). The same script tweaks don't seem to work for FF. While Chrome seems happy to launch in 1080p kiosk mode using the modified launch script, FF only occupies 1/4 of the screen.

So still need to understand what changed from 13.2 to 14.0 that causes Kodi to insist on being in front.
Hello,

I got the chrome.launcher working. I was wondering, Im trying to get this working with xfinity.comcast. I would like to enter the username and password myself. But for some reason chrome does not allow http://usermame:[email protected]_fox-news . I tried with a regular browser and chrome luncher I got the same result.

Is there a way to do a automate login to the website with chrome.launcher ?
(2014-12-28, 10:04)sirhcjw Wrote: I just tried removing openbox but now i get the chrome window off center and I can see kodi down the left side of my screen.

Try to turn off the option to use a custom script in Chrome Launcher addon settings.
I just upgraded to Kodi 14.0 and tried to get this going with NetfliXBMC under Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (never set it up completely under 13.2 since I didn't want to install a desktop environment). Above I am reading where some people have gotten it working without the DE, but I am still seeing the same behavior where the browser window appears in the left half of the screen. I tried with kiosk mode enabled and disabled, no change apart from the appearance of the browser.

Do I also need to install openbox, or is there another setting somewhere I should change?
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher8