• 24(current)
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher
(2015-04-07, 02:06)eertw Wrote: I do not have full screen yet, but at least now I have sound!

@ EERTW

What OS / setup do you have? If you manipulate the chrome window to maximize it to a full screen, Chrome Launcher keeps the chrome resolution in tact, that seems to be the reason for the random screen size posts in this forum.

In Kodibuntu its easy,

1. Exit Kodi,
2. Login to Lubuntu
3. Resize chrome window (unmaximised to get a true full screen),
4. Close Chrome window,
5. Reopen chrome window to ensure it retained the resolution.
6. Logout of Lubuntu and back into Kodi.

Open Chrome Launcher to a site, and it should appear as full screen.

This is working on Kodibuntu Helix (for me), for other operating environments Id suggest opening chrome in your Windoze or whatever OS, playing with the window size and closing. It seems in my case Chrome Launcher uses the window size rather than true full screen.

It still hasn't fixed the Kodi Power options to keep the screen on (eg turn display off after x mins), but full netflix without leaving Kodi.....epic!!! Nice addon Smile
@pettergulbra

I'm glad its working Smile

I think a problem will arise if you must use Chrome for another reason on your Kodibuntu box, someone re sizes etc or maybe updates.

But i think it is a usable solution, as is, out of the box, without 'blackbox' and the scripts mentioned above.

I've extended the Turn Monitor off option to 2 hours now, it works and I'm happily Netflixing.
I agree :-)

But an question, do you have problem with lagging/dragging in the pictures? (soory, don`t know what it is in English)
If I play this: http://www.kanal5play.se/#!/play/program...ram/226052
It not good, but on a normal computer it is. And there is the same problem on other sites to.
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
Maybe use Chrome in Lubuntu and see if it does the same? I noticed a minor flickering line during a certain FPS, but I got over it quickly.

I'm using a Lenovo Y500 without many performance / stuttering issues.

Or check the Nvidia proprietary drivers?
Looks like I manage to remove the tearing with this for the wiki:
Quote:Linux Video Tearing:
Some users may experience screen tearing under the Linux desktop, or when watching video (e.g., Netflix). The fix for this is documented on the Arch Wiki, and copied here for convenience.
from a terminal/shell prompt:
sudo nano /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf
copy/paste the following:
Section "Device"
Identifier "Intel Graphics"
Driver "intel"
Option "TearFree" "true"
EndSection
then save, exit, and reboot.

But still not really full screen when you use "fullscreen" as an option from the video provider.
It will be an line on the bottom that will show Kodi in the background.
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
(2014-10-12, 00:55)Inspirement Wrote: Hi. I'm running Chrome Launcher on a Windows machine that is also my workstation pc, so my tv is the second screen. My problem is that I can't seem to make Chrome Launcher run on my second screen, unless I assign my tv as the primary monitor, which is out of the question. Is there any way past this or will I just have to accept that it's impossible?

+1
Running Windows 8.1 and same situation. Anyone?
(2015-04-07, 11:43)whoflungpoo Wrote:
(2015-04-07, 02:06)eertw Wrote: I do not have full screen yet, but at least now I have sound!

@ EERTW

What OS / setup do you have? If you manipulate the chrome window to maximize it to a full screen, Chrome Launcher keeps the chrome resolution in tact, that seems to be the reason for the random screen size posts in this forum.

In Kodibuntu its easy,

1. Exit Kodi,
2. Login to Lubuntu
3. Resize chrome window (unmaximised to get a true full screen),
4. Close Chrome window,
5. Reopen chrome window to ensure it retained the resolution.
6. Logout of Lubuntu and back into Kodi.

Open Chrome Launcher to a site, and it should appear as full screen.

This is working on Kodibuntu Helix (for me), for other operating environments Id suggest opening chrome in your Windoze or whatever OS, playing with the window size and closing. It seems in my case Chrome Launcher uses the window size rather than true full screen.

It still hasn't fixed the Kodi Power options to keep the screen on (eg turn display off after x mins), but full netflix without leaving Kodi.....epic!!! Nice addon Smile

I have found that this solution is only partially effective. I followed the procedure while in the Lubuntu session and Chrome has been launched successfully since then. However, from the Kodi session I was still getting half-screen. (Clarification: after launching kodi within the Lubuntu session, chrome behaves nicely with this fix. But launching from Kodi under the Kodi session retains the old half-screen behavior.)

I found the Preferences file referenced in other posts in ~/.config/google-chrome/Default and, through various experiments have learned that manually resizing and closing Chrome saves the proper specs here. However, the file also exists in ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.netflixbmc/chrome-user-data/Default/ and this is seems to be the one that is used while in the Kodi session. I manually edited this file with full-screen values (1920x1080) and it sorta worked. What I actually got was a Chrome widow with black bars top and bottom. Reviewing the file after closing Chrome showed that the settings had been modified to top:30 and bottom:1050, robbing me of 60 lines.

That is where I am stuck at this point. I am a Linux/Kodibuntu/Kodi noob and have not yet tried (or even found) all the suggestions listed here, but if anyone can move the ball further from this spot, I would certainly appreciate the short-cut.

BTW, I am very grateful for all the hard work that his been put into this and NetfliXBMC. This is providing a key feature, without which I cannot truly call Kodi my media center. Bravo!
-- Steve

"I just wanted a media center, not a hobby!"

HW: CPU - Intel Core i3-4130T, RAM - 4GB, Storage: 640GB, TV Tuner - HDHomeRun Connect x3
SW: OS - LibreELEC, Media Center - Kodi 18.5, Skin - Amber, PVR - TVHeadend
(2015-04-12, 02:55)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:
(2014-10-12, 00:55)Inspirement Wrote: Hi. I'm running Chrome Launcher on a Windows machine that is also my workstation pc, so my tv is the second screen. My problem is that I can't seem to make Chrome Launcher run on my second screen, unless I assign my tv as the primary monitor, which is out of the question. Is there any way past this or will I just have to accept that it's impossible?

+1

bump
(2015-03-07, 05:46)rob hodge Wrote: none of the old fixes for XBMCbuntu will work as of 14.0

the way Kodi does the display has changed; before it was done via SDL, now it is native X11.

the way i resolved it was to add openbox to the init scripts for Kodi, so it is always running. less elegant than the launchers, but the only way i could get it to go.

if you launch openbox via a script like the old methods i wrote and like is included in the custom script, it does not get controll over all the applications and is kinda messy. in the curent setup, openbox needs to be open before kodi is.

You say less elegant but honestly I think your on the right track with this. If Kodibuntu would consider adopting this as a default to run on top of a WM it would make running a number of alternate programs much easier. Emulators, Browsers, Skype, etc. For now manually changing the init should work well. I might try this with a few WM;s and see if theres much change in performance.
(2015-04-16, 10:24)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:
(2015-04-12, 02:55)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:

+1

bump

I have tried this for many different applications. It can not be done. Programs always open on the default display in windows. You might be able to program a macro to move the window over. You could also run a kodibuntu VM and make it full screen on the alternate display.
(2015-04-17, 02:58)jknight2014 Wrote:
(2015-04-16, 10:24)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:
(2015-04-12, 02:55)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: +1

bump

I have tried this for many different applications. It can not be done. Programs always open on the default display in windows. You might be able to program a macro to move the window over. You could also run a kodibuntu VM and make it full screen on the alternate display.

I was afraid of this.....I have ultramon setup to currently hotkey swapping windows to different monitors. Oh well.
(2015-04-17, 11:32)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: I was afraid of this.....I have ultramon setup to currently hotkey swapping windows to different monitors. Oh well.

I would seriously look at running kodibuntu in virtualbox. You could bridge a USB IR receiver to it and be able to control it without switching away from your primary monitor.
(2015-03-07, 05:46)rob hodge Wrote: none of the old fixes for XBMCbuntu will work as of 14.0

the way Kodi does the display has changed; before it was done via SDL, now it is native X11.

the way i resolved it was to add openbox to the init scripts for Kodi, so it is always running. less elegant than the launchers, but the only way i could get it to go.

if you launch openbox via a script like the old methods i wrote and like is included in the custom script, it does not get controll over all the applications and is kinda messy. in the curent setup, openbox needs to be open before kodi is.

I am curious how you did this, I can not figure out where kodi is started from so I dont know when to start open box. I needs to be between x11 and kodi.
(2015-04-17, 13:26)jknight2014 Wrote:
(2015-04-17, 11:32)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: I was afraid of this.....I have ultramon setup to currently hotkey swapping windows to different monitors. Oh well.

I would seriously look at running kodibuntu in virtualbox. You could bridge a USB IR receiver to it and be able to control it without switching away from your primary monitor.

Being a Winblows geek, I shook my head reading this. Then I googled and you have me quite intrigued! I will take a look at that, thanks!
If I have enabled GPU Hardware Acceleration under chrome://flags will it be enabled when using this add-on for netflix or do I have to add --ignore-gpu-blacklist to browser.sh somewhere? I not sure how to tell if the add-on is using the GPU or software decode.

Thanks
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher8