• 30(current)
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher
How can I add "xbmc-send --action="XBMC.InhibitIdleShutdown(true)" when chrome launches, so that it wont shutdown computer when I surf the web?
Hello!

I'm trying to get Netflix working on openelec via Chrome Launcher with a custom script to launch Chromium, but I'm getting a script error with Chrome Launcher along the way and was hoping someone could help me out.

Firstly, I can launch Chromium and run netflix through it manually. However, trying to run Chrome Launcher generates the script error. The Netflix addon looks to be working ok too as long as you don't try to start any playback.

Here's a link to the log file for your perusal: http://xbmclogs.com/p8gf1prdd

To my novice eye, the error looks to start here: http://xbmclogs.com/p8gf1prdd#line-594

Any help would be most appreciated. I'm happy with gentle nudges in the right direction if spoon feeding is too much effort.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: Here's the custom script. Another user wrote it and it seems to be working for several people.

#!/bin/bash
export GOOGLE_API_KEY="no"
export GOOGLE_DEFAULT_CLIENT_ID="no"
export GOOGLE_DEFAULT_CLIENT_SECRET="no"
/storage/.kodi/addons/browser.chromium/bin/chromium $@
I can't help you much with debugging, but AFAIK this should just work.
Script is correct. Did you chmod +x ?
(2015-05-16, 13:05)Soli Wrote: I can't help you much with debugging, but AFAIK this should just work.
Script is correct. Did you chmod +x ?
Yeah. I wasn't sure what permissions were required so I just made it 777.
i use this script as well, but for some reasons it didn't work either. i did a chmod +x and deleted the first line "#!/bin/bash" which solved it.
I think it's supposed to be bin/sh as openelec doesnt use bash but busybox and sh is symlinked to busybox. I managed to delete my openelec disk, so I can't confirm atm.
(2015-05-16, 09:18)TimRogers Wrote: Hello!

I'm trying to get Netflix working on openelec via Chrome Launcher with a custom script to launch Chromium, but I'm getting a script error with Chrome Launcher along the way and was hoping someone could help me out.

How did you create the script? it could be a format issue.

Here is a link to my script that works.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/rjttan
(2015-05-16, 23:58)andrewfa Wrote: Here is a link to my script that works.

Thanks for that. It highlighted my problem. I had edited browser.sh rather than script.sh as that's the file the custom script line was pointed at in the UI. Now to fix screen tearing and get sound working!
Just trying to get netflix working but I keep getting a script failed error which is:

script failed!: Chrome Launcher

I am running Manjaro Linux which is based on Arch Linux. My script is as follows:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
openbox &
/usr/bin/google-chrome-stable "$@"
kill %1

I've confirmed the path is correct for Chrome. I can launch it manually and also from the command line.I had to up date the path for chrome because of it being different when installed from AUR.

So I'm hoping some can assist with getting it sorted.

EDIT: I just worked it out and got it sorted. I didn't realise I needed to make the script executable
I run netflixbmc and when it launches chrome, it gives me a widevinecdm error. It is enabled and updated in chrome. Any help?
Hey there,

Whenever I use Chrome Launcher, either standalone, or through Netflixbmc, it opens on my primary monitor, while I have XBMC set up to only use my second monitor.

I googled and looked for dettings in the Chrome Launcher config file, but I haven't had any luck coming across how to have it launch on the same monitor as XBMC. The closest I found was the bug report on Netflixbmc at https://github.com/andrewleech/plugin.vi.../issues/19 however this just has a nasty workaround that isn't really acceptible, and remains unanswered.

Any ideas?
Hey guys, do you guys have problems running youtube.com/tv ? All the videos seem to stuck in buffer.

if i go close youtube.com/tv and open youtube.com all the videos can be watch.

im using google-chrome any help?
youtube tv does not work without pulseaudio or dmix.
Hey, having an issue with Netflix playback through Chrome Launcher. Netflix will load fine, I can browse shows, but once I try to play anything I get the "Oops" screen with the following error code: M7363-1261-00000021.

I'm running Kodibuntu. If I drop back down to the desktop and launch Chrome Netflix playback is normal. From what I can tell that error code relates to another program interfering with Chrome playback. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
I've got the Chrome Launcher working on kodibuntu using blackbox as described in this thread, however because my TV isn't exactly brand new, I have a problem with OverScan, kodi lets me adjust the screen size to solve the problem, but when I launch a site using Chrome Launcher this obviously goes out the window (quite literally) can anybody think of a decent method to resize the window to fit on the screen better?
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher8