• 32(current)
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher
Disabling the GUI sounds in kodi seems to have sorted it for me.
Hi, I just found this addon for kodi today, and it looks great. Only trouble I'm having is that the chrome window it launches fills up only the left half of my screen.

I'm running kodi directly with xinit, so not sure if that makes a difference. I'm running minimalist Ubuntu 14.04 (server) with no display manager installed.

When I run startx and then chrome, it also only uses left half of the screen. Even when started with --start-maximized.

Anything that you guys can think of that I can try?
Run a window manager like openbox or blackbox.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi try this in the script that starts chrome
Code:
--high-dpi-support=1 --force-device-scale-factor=1 --start-maximized --disable-translate --disable-new-tab-first-run --no-default-browser-check --no-first-run "$@"
also you may need to add
Code:
xserver-command=X -dpi 96
to the end of the /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf file...you may need to play with the dpi setting but 96 works well with a 1920-1080 res
Thanks for the replies, but I figured it out with some googleing.

I edited the file in
Code:
~/.config/google-chrome/Default/Preferences
for some reason the values for the JSON struct "window_placement" only used half the screen. Setting them to
Code:
"window_placement": {
    "bottom": 1070,
    "left": 0,
    "maximized": false,
    "right": 1920,
    "top": 0,
    "work_area_bottom": 1080,
    "work_area_left": 0,
    "work_area_right": 1920,
    "work_area_top": 0
}

Worked for me. Now I have fullscreen chrome with only X Smile
Hello,

I just installed Chrome Launcher. When I open Youtube, it closes after few seconds and returns to Kodi screen. Any ideas?

I am running Kodi version 14.2. I have Aeon Mq 6.1 skin installed. I am running Windows 8.1

Edit: I noticed that the Window is still running in the background but it takes me back to Kodi programs screen.

Thanks,

Cmndodhruv
(2015-03-28, 23:49)hapi Wrote: hi
I have HP Chromebox PC cb1-020no and installed kodibuntu
I got running fullscreen with blackbox

Code:
sudo apt-get install blackbox
Code:
#!/bin/bash
blackbox &
/usr/bin/google-chrome "$@"
killall blackbox

but have some sound issues leanback youtube but
viaplay and Netflix works

(2015-03-29, 17:24)hapi Wrote: try this

[codwithin the script?/bin/bash
blackbox &
/usr/bin/google-chrome-stable "$@"
killall blackbox[/code]

Using blackbox is the closest I've got to solving the fullscreen issue. I found I had to lose the binbash part of the script otherwise it would just flashed up 'working' and do nothing. Now however it opens in fullscreen but when I close the window kodi freezes and the blackbox bar is still there at the bottom of the screen, so clearly the blackbox window is not fully closed and retains the focus. Any ideas for how to fully close blackbox with the script?
Try killall -9 blackbox
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Is there4 a way to use the chrome controls from the Kodi JSON-RPC?

I am using a remote that uses the JSON-RPC and need control of the chrome browser via IP JSON-RPC is preferred but any implementation that is available via IP should do the trick.

TIA
KurtJCU
Now that is an interesting idea. A quick google found this:

https://www.igvita.com/2012/04/09/drivin...ocket-api/
(2015-07-13, 00:56)nickr Wrote: Try killall -9 blackbox

Thanks will try that. I haven't been able to get the openbox script working at all on kodi - worked fine on Gotham. Is there any thing I can try?
(2015-07-13, 08:57)Swell6 Wrote:

Thanks will try that. I haven't been able to get the openbox script working at all on kodi - worked fine on Gotham. Is there any thing I can try?

Tried that with the same result unfortunately. The close command closes the window but seems to leave the session running. Anything else to try? Will also research blackbox commands. Also has anyone got the openbox script to work?

What are you on about? Kodi is not a version.
(2015-07-13, 10:53)nickr Wrote:

What are you on about? Kodi is not a version.

Is this to do with linux version, lubuntu version or kodi? Not too clear on this but learning.

With you now - my Kodi version is 15.0 Isengard. Anyone found a way to get the openbox script working on this version to achieve a maximised Chrome window?
How does the remote that the Netflixmbc plugin use work? If i can just work with this it should be more within my capabilities Wink interesting link though...

does anyone here use yatze or similar JSON-RPC based remotes with this plugin? if there is a function in this perhaps I can just duplicate it..
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher8