• 34(current)
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher
Perfect solution, thanks!
Imagei have a chromebox i did this thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=194362 i did option 2 from the picture installed latest open elec 5.95.3 installed your repo installed chrome launcher and when i go to launch it it says chrome not found? i had to redo my total install, and i just chose number 2 and it installed open elec and said it was done obviously chrome was still on the box or how did i boot into it to run the script? Tongue
(2015-07-19, 18:18)leo5111 Wrote: i have a chromebox i did this thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=194362 i did option 2 from the picture installed latest open elec 5.95.3 installed your repo installed chrome launcher and when i go to launch it it says chrome not found? i had to redo my total install, and i just chose number 2 and it installed open elec and said it was done obviously chrome was still on the box or how did i boot into it to run the script? Tongue
If you are having trouble booting to ChromeOS or OpenELEC I think you'd be better asking in Matt Devo's thread.

However if you are asking how to get Chrome Launcher going in OpenELEC then the following may help.

1. OpenELEC does not have a Chrome package. Chrome is closed source.

2. There is a Chromium (ie the opensource version of Chrome) add-on available in this thread, including information on how to add widevine to it, to give access to Netflix and other DRM sites http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/7664...t=0#138690

PS I cannot fathom why you would need to redo your installation?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
i unplugged a external drive next thing you know wouild not boot no no my xbmc is installed fine now i simply was showing what option i chose my open elec is 5.95.3 i try you install whats in this thread it wont run
i forget how do i install 5.08 kodi? i have been using mats scripts so how do i install the stable 5.08? thanks
1. Download the 5.0.8 tar file on to your desktop computer.

2. Transfer it to the chromebox and put it in the /storage/.update/ directory. You can do this from windows using winscp or from linux using scp.

3. Reboot the chromebox.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
ok im back on 5.08 my problem now is i installed this browser in this thread i go here www.wwe.com and sign in and says 2 messages, 1 flash soon unsupported bla bla bla other says flash player crashed, i looked in plugins it seems flash is activated so i dont know, was working before when i was on 5.08 before then my install crashed SadSadSad
pepprflash is enabled is there something im missing?
ok i was reading need to update pepperflash how would i do that?
The sound when playing online media via Chrome Launcher has suddenly become intermittent. Strange thing is that the sound is fine when I stream mp3 files I have stored on a box.com account, but wav files on the same site stream ok but with no sound i.e. they play but with no audio. There's no sound at all on Netflix and YouTube.

It used to work fine, so I imagine my settings are ok - "Keep audio device alive" is set to off which I think is the main thing here.

Sound is 100% for any audio in Kodi outside of Chrome Launcher e.g. video & mp3 files. I followed the advice of Soli above to get it to open into a maximised window, so am running Openbox alongside Kodi from when it starts. I'm on Isengard 15.0.

Actually just tried streaming audio in Chrome outside of Kodi in Lubuntu, and it's exactly the same so I reckon it must be a Chrome related issue. Anything to suggest?

Edit: I've just tried Chromium browser and the audio is fine with that, so it's definitely a Chrome issue. Could it be HTML-5 related? I'd rather fix the issue with Chrome but either way is it possible for Chrome Launcher to open a Chromium window instead of Chrome?
(2015-07-20, 04:04)nickr Wrote:
(2015-07-19, 18:18)leo5111 Wrote: i have a chromebox i did this thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=194362 i did option 2 from the picture installed latest open elec 5.95.3 installed your repo installed chrome launcher and when i go to launch it it says chrome not found? i had to redo my total install, and i just chose number 2 and it installed open elec and said it was done obviously chrome was still on the box or how did i boot into it to run the script? Tongue
If you are having trouble booting to ChromeOS or OpenELEC I think you'd be better asking in Matt Devo's thread.

However if you are asking how to get Chrome Launcher going in OpenELEC then the following may help.

1. OpenELEC does not have a Chrome package. Chrome is closed source.

2. There is a Chromium (ie the opensource version of Chrome) add-on available in this thread, including information on how to add widevine to it, to give access to Netflix and other DRM sites http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/7664...t=0#138690

PS I cannot fathom why you would need to redo your installation?
flash wont work and it say to do this - i found the flash file it wants but says to put in addon bin/PepperFlash folder but i dont seem to see that? but i have chromium installed so where is it? thanks
Hi everyone,

I am a brand new user of the chrome launcher, and I was actually looking to have the xbmc controls interface working with it (play/pause/....).

I was thinking about developing a chrome extension to retrieve the video state and send it to a XBMC plug in via the JSON-RPC interface.

Now, let's assume we can effectively retrieve the video statein Chrome, I don't quite now the extends of what is possible to do in an XBMC extension. Does anyone have any idea about that and if it could be possible?

Cheers!
(2015-07-31, 11:03)millerf Wrote: Hi everyone,

I am a brand new user of the chrome launcher, and I was actually looking to have the xbmc controls interface working with it (play/pause/....).

I was thinking about developing a chrome extension to retrieve the video state and send it to a XBMC plug in via the JSON-RPC interface.

Now, let's assume we can effectively retrieve the video statein Chrome, I don't quite now the extends of what is possible to do in an XBMC extension. Does anyone have any idea about that and if it could be possible?

Cheers!

There are some control ideas dealt with here.

Edit bugger it I can't seem to copy and paste in tapatalk right now. Go to openelec forums, the thread tutorial chromium html5 setup, or something like that.
(2015-08-01, 07:30)nickr Wrote: Edit bugger it I can't seem to copy and paste in tapatalk right now. Go to openelec forums, the thread tutorial chromium html5 setup, or something like that.

Just did.

http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/7759...=30#144836

Let's see what they come up with...
Is there an way to add incognito mode in this?
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher8