[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
leo5111 Offline
i install this on my chromebox inside openelec when i go to launch says its not installed?
find quote
Vern1980 Offline
Greetings all,

I have recently begun setting up Kodi to use as my Neflix interface due to WMC stopping support on Sept. 15th. I'm using Chrome Launcher and Netflixbmc on Windows 7. Two weeks ago, I had it working perfectly, but then, something changed. At first, all my movies and shows were missing from My List. I edited the default.py in the Netflixbmc folder per post 1075 of this thread. That got all my movies back. However, I now have a different problem. At first, I was able to watch a movie the first time I started up Kodi. However, if I exit out of Chrome and Kodi and then tried to go back and watch something else later, Chrome shows the "He's Dead, Jim" screen. The address bar has the location of the 'black.html' file used by Chrome Launcher. I can get it all working again by reinstalling Chrome Launcher, but it'll just give me the same error the second time I try to watch something.

Here's the error I found in the log:

17:58:46 T:3440 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
Error Contents: global name 'black_background' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Vern1980\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher\def​ault.py", line 387, in <module>
showSite(url, stopPlayback, kiosk, userAgent)
File "C:\Users\Vern1980\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher\def​ault.py", line 214, in showSite
fullUrl = getFullPath(chrome_path, url, kiosk, userAgent)
File "C:\Users\Vern1980\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher\def​ault.py", line 161, in getFullPath
with open(black_background, "w") as launch:
NameError: global name 'black_background' is not defined
-->End of Python script error report<--

I don't really know anything about code and I wasn't able to find much help in this thread or the Netflixbmc one. I hope someone out there can offer some assistance. Please let me know if you need anything else from me.

Thanks!
find quote