• 37(current)
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher
i install this on my chromebox inside openelec when i go to launch says its not installed?
Greetings all,

I have recently begun setting up Kodi to use as my Neflix interface due to WMC stopping support on Sept. 15th. I'm using Chrome Launcher and Netflixbmc on Windows 7. Two weeks ago, I had it working perfectly, but then, something changed. At first, all my movies and shows were missing from My List. I edited the default.py in the Netflixbmc folder per post 1075 of this thread. That got all my movies back. However, I now have a different problem. At first, I was able to watch a movie the first time I started up Kodi. However, if I exit out of Chrome and Kodi and then tried to go back and watch something else later, Chrome shows the "He's Dead, Jim" screen. The address bar has the location of the 'black.html' file used by Chrome Launcher. I can get it all working again by reinstalling Chrome Launcher, but it'll just give me the same error the second time I try to watch something.

Here's the error I found in the log:

17:58:46 T:3440 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
Error Contents: global name 'black_background' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Vern1980\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher\default.py", line 387, in <module>
showSite(url, stopPlayback, kiosk, userAgent)
File "C:\Users\Vern1980\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher\default.py", line 214, in showSite
fullUrl = getFullPath(chrome_path, url, kiosk, userAgent)
File "C:\Users\Vern1980\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.chrome.launcher\default.py", line 161, in getFullPath
with open(black_background, "w") as launch:
NameError: global name 'black_background' is not defined
-->End of Python script error report<--

I don't really know anything about code and I wasn't able to find much help in this thread or the Netflixbmc one. I hope someone out there can offer some assistance. Please let me know if you need anything else from me.

Thanks!
hi to everyone, i'm newby with kodi and chrome launcher and i'm hope someone can help me with some troubles:

i'm have installed chrome 45 in 64 bits and chrome launcher 1.1.4 in my laptop on kodibuntu, so when i launch youtube leanback and i want to see a video, the video is freezing in the first frame and no play, or in someone videos it doesn't play (is still in black with the animation of charging), i don't know why this is happend but i believe the problem is on chrome browser and no in chrome launcher, i hope someone can help me to fix this problem

mi laptop is a samsung amd64 a6 - 2.7 gb with 4 gb on ram, kodi is boot in a 8gb usb pen.
On my Raspberry Pi 2 I have your plugin almost working. Chrome launches except does not go in front of Kodi. I know this because when I quit Kodi I can see the page I was trying to open. If you have some free time, I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd help with this. Thank you for the awesome software!
(2015-10-06, 02:24)mstrodl Wrote: On my Raspberry Pi 2 I have your plugin almost working. Chrome launches except does not go in front of Kodi. I know this because when I quit Kodi I can see the page I was trying to open. If you have some free time, I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd help with this. Thank you for the awesome software!

I have the same issue. But I believe it is because I have added advanced settings to keep kodi on top.

I need to keep kodi on top so when change kodi to window mode I can do other things while still seeing TV.

Chrome Launcher is visibile when kodi is on top in window mode or I minimise kodi to use chrome launcher without kodi visible. Then when I quite chrome launcher kodi comes back using event ghost to automate most of this just by a single press on my remote (all but the window mode change is automated).
(2015-06-11, 09:29)drumuk Wrote:
(2015-06-11, 05:23)Wozza_au Wrote:
(2015-06-10, 23:06)drumuk Wrote: That's right it's an old TV I use for the kids, Kodi works fine because you can down size the screen to fit, but ofcourse Chrome is launched full screen, and missing some of the picture.
Hi
Make a new launcher link to say google and switch off kiosk mode...
start up the link and minimize the browser..then use the mouse and the keyboard shortcuts to resize the blackbox window
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/jaun...box.1.html
look at the sections after "Window Decorations" in the above link
I did something similar in openbox and it appeared to have worked Smile

Thanks I'll give that a go latter today.

I have the same issue. No overscan options on my TV. I did find the below link, but I'm honestly not smart enough to determine how to integrate it either into Chrome settings or the default.py of Chrome Launcher or if it's even possible. Is there any usable information there regarding bounds or insets to help correct overscan in chrome while in kiosk mode?

https://developer.chrome.com/apps/system_display
Is there any way to choose what monitor chrome launcher opens on?? I have multiple displays but only want it to run on my TV, for obvious reasons. is there a way to select which one?? it doesn't seem to be following my settings in Kodi itself, which is set to the correct one. thanx
Would it be possible to add an option to Inhibit Idle Shutdown on Kodi on Chrome launch, then re-allow when Chrome is closed?
Right now, I do this with an AutoIt script, but it's messy: watch for Chrome process, kill Kodi when Chrome launches, then restart Kodi after Chrome is closed.
I'm an amateur. I don't understand how to make the script work. It is linked to your script.sh and gets error messages. I've tried it in OpenElec and OSMC, running Kodi on Raspberry Pi 1 & 2. None of them can open Google Chrome. Is this only designed for use on Windows or MacOS?
I'm using ubuntu 15.04 headless server and when I go youtube leanback mode, then I can hear menu sounds, but when I select video id does not load and keeps buffering. If I add youtube.com to script and view in there, then there is sound and every other website works fine. can some1 help me out to get sound to youtube leanback mode?

I'm using this script to startup chrome:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/chromium-browser "$@"

/etc/asound.conf
Code:
pcm.!default {
type hw
card 0
device 3
}

ctl.!default {
type hw
card 0
device 3
}

If I remove asound.conf then video will start but whit no sound.

aplay -l
Code:
kodi@mcenter:~$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
card 1: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC283 Analog [ALC283 Analog]
kodi@mcenter:~$

The problem seems to be in asound.conf but I dont know, because in other webistes eg. Vimeo couchmode there is sound and all the other sites. only yt leanback does not work, just keeps loading..
Suggest Spin-Off Add-On for Making Web Pages that Play Adobe Flash (SWF) Files

I have successfully created many web pages that run Adobe Flash (SWF) games files using Chrome Launcher [See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...id=2150146 for directions]. I would like to suggest a spin-off add-on to do just this. If anyone has the time or inclination; please see the SWF definition part of swfobject (7.6kb)
https://code.google.com/p/swfobject/down...ip&can=2&q=

This might also be combined with the creation of the Flash Game index page(s) using an table generator like the one available here http://html-tables.com/ and possibly also combined with an image link generator like the one on the bottom of this page http://www.html.am/html-codes/links/

I envision a plug in that would allow someone with no knowledge of HTML, but with several Adobe Flash (SWF) Games; to easily make those games playable via Chrome Launcher.
Just tried to watch a movie over Netflixbmc, which was not working due not installed chrome launcher. At least this was Kodi telling.
Chrome Launcher was and actually is installed.
Therefore I tried executing the following file: /home/xbmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.chrome.launcher/script.sh, which was telling me that /usr/bin/google-chrome was not found.

So I added the actual Google repo and installed google-chrome-stable. Now /usr/bin/google-chrome is present.
When I'm now trying to watch a movie, actually netflixbmc doesn't show me any movies. When I search for a movie and try to watch this, Google-Chrome opens just over the half of the TV and I had to click on a profile (which is actually not working with my remote and/or Yatse).

What did I wrong that?
- I hat to choose a profile/can't choose a profile
- And chrome just opens over 50% of the TV display?

Thanks in advance.
can anyone give me good links and source to add them inside google launcher ?
Is there any help why the window only opens 50% of the TV screen??
Lightbulb 
I just wanted to necrobump this thread with a proposal to enhance the chromelauncher by using the PyUserInput module.

Idea:

- enhance chromelauncher addon by integrating the PyUserInput module into the Addon
- check if it is possible to run the webpage launched by chromelauncher directly inside Kodi (so it behaves the same way like you would launch a video file in Kodi)
- in this frame inside Kodi the webpage would be displayed, chromelauncher could provide keyboard control for the webpage inside kodi, as PyUserInput module could interpret the keys pressed as mouse events.

To sum it up: my big picture is - if we would find a genius mind who could manage to code a solution to run the webpage in a chrome frame launched by chromelauncher inside kodi, the linked python module could interpret the input and this way you could navigate directly inside the webframe within kodi. I think this would be a great improvement in usability and a great help for poor souls trying to watch f.e. netflix/amazon video through kodi.

Is there someone who knows if displaying a webpage in a frame inside Kodi (like any other video/music file) is an option/feasible?
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher8