• 38(current)
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher
Hello,

Trying to set up Chrome Launcher with a website and keep getting this error in the log when launching:

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
Error Contents: [Error 193] %1 is not a valid Win32 application
Traceback (most recent call last):

Here is the full log: http://xbmclogs.com/pzcjdtz6k

Does this not work on 32 bit Windows? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Yes, it works on 32bit Windows. Stupid question, but you do have Chrome installed on your HTPC, right?
Hello,

The only stupid question is the one not asked.

Yes, I have Chrome on the computer. :-)

Thanks,
Mark
No one know what my problem could be?

Mark
i started playing with chrome launcher today.

It all works except when I try to exit Chrome.
I end up seeing Kodi again but it won't respond.
I can here the gui sounds but that is it.

Did somebody experience something similar?

I am using Openelec 6 on a braswell AsRock Beebox
Has anyone been succesful in getting this to work on raspbian? Smile

I can see chromium is running, but it is behind kodi, and I can't manage to find a way to get it infront :/

I'm using openbox as window manager-.
Hi guys,

I have a question about the following problem.

I have Chrome Launcer installed on Kodibuntu.
The app is working. Sites I add manualy all work fine, but when I want to use the embeded sites (vimeo and youtube leanback) then there is no sound.
Sound is working on my other manualy added sites.

Is there any way to solve this?

Regards,

Martijn
Has anyone had any success getting this to work on a FireTV? I've side loaded Chrome and it works like a champ but I cant figure out how to get chrome launcher to fire it up.
I got a request for a reddit addon that i maintain to have ability to launch a browser to view the comments of the video .. I did some searching today and noticed that chrome launcher is/was also AddonScriptorDE's original work .

There where couple of forks, i pulled interesting bunch of changes and few translations and there should be a 1.1.90 zip file in here: https://github.com/rasjani/plugin.progra...r/releases

I'm planning on adding android support too - there's a branch called "android" which has some preliminary code which might or might not work. so if someone could lend a hand and test this out, i would appreciate it!
rasjani's addon repo - home of reddit_tv, sciflix, moontv and few other addons.
I am getting ready to try this for myself and in preparation, have read through most of this thread. I think this "How to" will help a great number of you!

How to make Chrome work on Kodibuntu
http://www.flaterco.com/kb/KodiChrome.html

Excerpts for the above link:

Fix for: no sound in Chrome

In System → Settings → System → Audio output, set "Keep audio device alive" to Off.
If necessary, hardcode the correct Alsa device by adding --alsa-output-device=plughw:x,y to the chrome command line in script.sh (substituting the right numbers for x and y).

Fix for: Chrome suddenly stops working for no reason

2015-09-27: Chrome Launcher updated and broke itself.

It made all scripts in .kodi/addons/plugin.program.chrome.launcher non-executable. Fix with chmod 755 *.py *.sh
It overwrote the customized script.sh. Reinstall version shown above.

Credit to David Flater
Good news guys!

Chrome Launcher is going to work on android soon. As mentioned few days ago, i made a experimental branch on github - sadly no-one tested it - but i got android tablet yesterday, installed the zip and voilã! Few addons which used chrome launcher as their dependency to open urls do actually now work!

I need to polish the addon a bit still and i'll send in the changes to be included in to the public repos .. Hopefully next week!
Shocked 
Version 1.2.0 works on android box MXQ Pro for me. Thanks
(2016-02-12, 00:39)rasjani Wrote: Good news guys!

Chrome Launcher is going to work on android soon. As mentioned few days ago, i made a experimental branch on github - sadly no-one tested it - but i got android tablet yesterday, installed the zip and voilã! Few addons which used chrome launcher as their dependency to open urls do actually now work!

I need to polish the addon a bit still and i'll send in the changes to be included in to the public repos .. Hopefully next week!

I tested ver 1.2 and everytime I close chrome with alt+f4 shortcut. It goes to blank page and need to press back to comeback to ChromeLauncher again.Unlike AddonScripterDE release that go straight back to chromelauncher when close chrome. Could you look into it. I'm on Windows 10 / Jarvis RC3.
Definitely can take a look .. What sort of settings do you have?

Custom laucher script in use and if yes, can you share it?
Is "Use own user profile" on or off ?

Did you have previous version installed when you updated to 1.2.0 ?
(2016-02-16, 22:31)rasjani Wrote: Definitely can take a look .. What sort of settings do you have?

Custom laucher script in use and if yes, can you share it?
Is "Use own user profile" on or off ?

Did you have previous version installed when you updated to 1.2.0 ?

I'm not using custom launcher script. Use own profile off. And yes I've 1.1.1 installed and just updated to 1.2.0
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher8