Weather Underground Problems?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
davelr Offline
Donor
For the past week all I've gotten on Weather Underground is an icon of a cloud with a yellow slash through it and all temps set to 32 F.
Is the service still running for anyone?
find quote
mayoman Offline
Fan
See here (first post should hopefully sort youSmile)
find quote
dc361 Offline
(2013-08-10 16:20)davelr Wrote:  For the past week all I've gotten on Weather Underground is an icon of a cloud with a yellow slash through it and all temps set to 32 F.
Is the service still running for anyone?
Same problem -- and yes I checked and the weather is enabled.
find quote
artrafael Offline
Team-XBMC Forum Moderator
(2013-08-10 17:36)dc361 Wrote:  Same problem -- and yes I checked and the weather is enabled.
Which version of XBMC are you running?
find quote
dc361 Offline
(2013-08-10 20:05)artrafael Wrote:  
(2013-08-10 17:36)dc361 Wrote:  Same problem -- and yes I checked and the weather is enabled.
Which version of XBMC are you running?

I've tried it on 12.1 frodo on an ATV2, 12.2 git 20130502-32b1a5e (nexus7) and 13.0 alpha 6 (win7/64) with no luck.

I've done a bit more debugging --
turned off my IPV6 6in4 tunnel - no luck
checked weatherunderground web site and it brings up the weather for the city I want

After that, I tried multiple other cities in xbmc and it appears that it does work for cities in the US but not in Canada.
find quote
davelr Offline
Donor
+1 12.2

Weather Underground had been working (with sporadic glitches) for quite a while and seemed to just stop working about 1-2 weeks ago.

Mayoman: thanks but same DC361, it is enabled and set to a correct location. Just no response and this is for a US city (Denver).

Never mind - just recycled all settings and it started working again. Since nothing was changed not sure what was going on, but now good.
(This post was last modified: 2013-08-12 19:44 by davelr.)
find quote
dc361 Offline
(2013-08-12 19:35)davelr Wrote:  +1 12.2

Weather Underground had been working (with sporadic glitches) for quite a while and seemed to just stop working about 1-2 weeks ago.

Mayoman: thanks but same DC361, it is enabled and set to a correct location. Just no response and this is for a US city (Denver).

Never mind - just recycled all settings and it started working again. Since nothing was changed not sure what was going on, but now good.

Still no luck with Canadian sites with weatherunderground .. I can switch to Yahoo weather and it works fine..
find quote
TechLife Offline
Donor
It may be a skin issue. I use Nox and had that issue where I would select location but the window to actually do so never showed. I wound up having to switch back to Confluence, set the location then switch back to Nox. Works fine now.

*If I helped, please +rep below*
Windows Media Center PVR add-on (pvr.wmc) and Server (ServerWMC)
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
find quote