• 26(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
Hello, first off, thanks for the excellent plugin!

Just one thing I wanted to ask, thoguh - is it just me, or has something changed with the latest version so that after the episode ends the LazyTV list pops back up again? Or is there an option somewhere I can't find that's making it do that? I'd really prefer it if it didn't, but I'm not sure exactly what's changed...
Karn,

I am still using XBMC 12, on W7. i switched from French settings to english, but it did not change anything.
I will try to figure out what you mean by episodes smartplaylist and paste it.

debug log? do you mean the whole of the xbmc.log?

Thanks
After updating LazyTV asks for a restart of the XBMC instance.
This is not needed at all. A simple disable / enable of the service will do the trick.

Actually I bet if the update process would disable itself after showing a message, the user would start the service anyway when he opened LAzyTV again.
(2014-06-25, 18:06)endlesslyonline Wrote: Karn,
Been using your addon for awhile, still as awesome as ever.

Lately, i have been using the clone feature, amd have ot setup for sitcoms, new series, old series, kids, etc.

I have a problem though, now as late, when i click the clone, it gives a message and says that the main program program has been updated, do you want to upfate the clone, if i click yes, it says it updated, but whem i select the addon, it once again gives the update message

I will look into this, but as a workaround to get your clones working again just change the version number in the addon.xml for the clone to 0.9.92.

That will mean it wont get updated for the next version, but should for the version after that.

Are you able to tell me what the current version number of the clone is? It should be getting updated with the rest of the addon.

(2014-06-25, 20:33)AlexVallat Wrote: Hello, first off, thanks for the excellent plugin!

Just one thing I wanted to ask, thoguh - is it just me, or has something changed with the latest version so that after the episode ends the LazyTV list pops back up again? Or is there an option somewhere I can't find that's making it do that? I'd really prefer it if it didn't, but I'm not sure exactly what's changed...

Thanks,

This was something that was supposed to be in every version of the addon, but I couldnt get it to work until now.

I will add an option to handle it in the next version if you like. The default will still be to return to the addon after the show is finished, but you will be able to change the setting to have it close completely when the show starts playing.

(2014-06-25, 22:30)KaizokuLuffy Wrote: Karn,

I am still using XBMC 12, on W7. i switched from French settings to english, but it did not change anything.
I will try to figure out what you mean by episodes smartplaylist and paste it.

debug log? do you mean the whole of the xbmc.log?

Thanks

Yes, the full xbmc.log would be helpful.

A helpful elder addon Dev has told me that the data is always stored as floats, and if that is the case then I will be changing the code to handle this exception.

To be honest though, I would have noticed before now if storage as a float was the default, as the addon would have never worked. But I will make the change anyway, as I dont think it will break anything.
(2014-06-25, 23:06)Kib Wrote: After updating LazyTV asks for a restart of the XBMC instance.
This is not needed at all. A simple disable / enable of the service will do the trick.

Actually I bet if the update process would disable itself after showing a message, the user would start the service anyway when he opened LAzyTV again.

Thanks Kib, I had all sorts of problems with the updates. I will see if I can dig up the old bug reports to get more details, but iirc the problem was that LazyTV has both service and script extension points. When it is first installed then the service is started only if the service extension point is placed after the script extension point. But then on an update the service was only restarted if the service extension point was BEFORE the script extension point.
(2014-06-26, 01:55)Karnagious Wrote: This was something that was supposed to be in every version of the addon, but I couldnt get it to work until now.

I will add an option to handle it in the next version if you like. The default will still be to return to the addon after the show is finished, but you will be able to change the setting to have it close completely when the show starts playing.
Ah, an unintentional feature then! :-) If you do make this optional in the next version, I'd appreciate it, thanks. (I usually only watch one episode at a time, and the popup covers up the AfterWatch popup I use for deleting an episode after I've watched it.)
(2014-06-26, 09:17)AlexVallat Wrote: Ah, an unintentional feature then! :-) If you do make this optional in the next version, I'd appreciate it, thanks. (I usually only watch one episode at a time, and the popup covers up the AfterWatch popup I use for deleting an episode after I've watched it.)

A simple edit of one of the files can stop the list from returning.

Find the default.py file in the addon folder and change line #710 from this:

Code:
xbmc.sleep(500)

to this:

Code:
stay_puft = False

and you should be good to go.

(Make sure to keep the same indentation when you replace the text.)
The latest version on Github has the integer error fix and a new 'return to LazyTV on playback ending" option in Settings.

endlesslyonline, I still need to try and replicate your error.
Hi,

Here is what i have done: i disabled all the other add-ons, deleted the settings.xml and started XBMC
I get a message: lazytv database analysis complete (with a ! in a circle)
I then went into the settings and made some changes
I clicked OK
I clicked launch
I get: error script failed.
unmodified settings.xml: http://pastebin.com/5whs6QG1

I went to make the changes manually in the xml file
I clicked launch and got a list
i went back into the settings, and activated "create and maintain smart playlist"
I modified the xml file manually
i get a message: no tv shows in playlist.
I click OK, and gets kicked out ot XBMC

XBMC.log: http://pastebin.com/4swnLy7B
smart settings.xml: http://pastebin.com/iCV9mCad
I am starting to make it work more or less like i want it Smile
i have got questions though:
- does it pick up special episodes?
- let's say that I am missing episode 10. is it possible to have LazyTV not suggest episode 11 until i get episode 10? (except for special episodes)
- is it possible to have random suggestions of series?
(2014-06-26, 16:07)Karnagious Wrote: The latest version on Github has the integer error fix and a new 'return to LazyTV on playback ending" option in Settings.
That was quick, nice one! Thanks :-)
(2014-06-25, 18:06)endlesslyonline Wrote: Karn,
Been using your addon for awhile, still as awesome as ever.

Lately, i have been using the clone feature, amd have ot setup for sitcoms, new series, old series, kids, etc.

I have a problem though, now as late, when i click the clone, it gives a message and says that the main program program has been updated, do you want to upfate the clone, if i click yes, it says it updated, but whem i select the addon, it once again gives the update message

The problem is because XBMC doesnt refresh the version number of the clone until it is restarted. I can add try and add a workaround to that problem with the next version.
(2014-06-26, 19:40)KaizokuLuffy Wrote: I am starting to make it work more or less like i want it Smile
i have got questions though:
- does it pick up special episodes?
- let's say that I am missing episode 10. is it possible to have LazyTV not suggest episode 11 until i get episode 10? (except for special episodes)
- is it possible to have random suggestions of series?

Specials are in Season0 and arent included. I looked into a way to identify the mid-season specials, but there is no way I can get the necessary information using the required API, and accessing the database directly would mean that the addon would no longer be included in the official repo.

LazyTV only considers what is in your library, so if you are missing a show it wont be able to tell you. It may be possible as an extra option, but I could imagine a number of 'false positives'.

The random player option (rather than the list view option) will play random TV shows.
I am making use of a huge xbmc library, containing strm files.
While starting up xbmc, lazy tv does read this huge xbmc library, this takes around one minute time. Sometimes I switch to an other xbmc profile before lazy tv is ready reading my xbmc library, the result is always the same xbmc 12.3, windows 8.1 does crash, and I have to restart xbmc. In the log file nothing is shown.
How can this problem be solved?
If you wait until LazyTV is finished reading the library before changing profiles, does it still crash? Or is it always when the profile is changed?
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4