• 40(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
Is there anything else I need to do to get LazyTV to show me Movies? I have tried fiddling with all the options ("Show movies" (Watched and un-watched) as well as "Ignore TV Shows"). Yet whenever I launch LazyTV it always shows me TV Shows and no movies.

I have even set the option to choose a playlist (that only contains movies) and LazyTV returns the popup "no tv shows in playlist"...

All of my Movies are .strm files, but I don't see how that could be a problem as so are my TV Shows and LazyTV picks those up perfectly.

I installed LazyTV From the Kodi Add On Repo.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
(2015-04-11, 18:24)DJ_Izumi Wrote: I've discovered some sort of bug. If LazyTV is configured to use a SmartPlaylist and you some episodes marked for 'Random Order', if the SmartPlaylist is modified, all 'Random Order' selections are wiped out.

That is odd. Dont know why it would happen as the two things should be quite separate.
(2015-04-13, 01:38)graulito Wrote: Is there anything else I need to do to get LazyTV to show me Movies? I have tried fiddling with all the options ("Show movies" (Watched and un-watched) as well as "Ignore TV Shows"). Yet whenever I launch LazyTV it always shows me TV Shows and no movies.

I have even set the option to choose a playlist (that only contains movies) and LazyTV returns the popup "no tv shows in playlist"...

All of my Movies are .strm files, but I don't see how that could be a problem as so are my TV Shows and LazyTV picks those up perfectly.

The Show Movies option is only for the random player, they cant be added to the List view. The List view is only for TV Shows.

Movies are usually in a single window, and you can check the option to Hide Watched to easily get a list of ready-to-watch ones.
(2015-04-13, 11:08)Karnagious Wrote:
(2015-04-13, 01:38)graulito Wrote: Is there anything else I need to do to get LazyTV to show me Movies? I have tried fiddling with all the options ("Show movies" (Watched and un-watched) as well as "Ignore TV Shows"). Yet whenever I launch LazyTV it always shows me TV Shows and no movies.

The Show Movies option is only for the random player, they cant be added to the List view. The List view is only for TV Shows.

Movies are usually in a single window, and you can check the option to Hide Watched to easily get a list of ready-to-watch ones.

I see. Thanks for the quick reply...

Is that a design decision? Or a technical limitation. I exclusively use lazyTV to launch my TV shows and figure out what to watch next... It would be great to see My Unwatched movies right in the same way that the Unwatched TV shows are displayed, alongside one another; so that I may decide what to watch.

Instead if I understand you correctly, LazyTV only allows me to

A) pick TV Show Episodes to watch (but not movies)
OR
B) Randomly play Shows and/or Movies (but one doesnt get to decide what to watch)

Am I understanding that correctly? If so, would it be very much effort to modify option A so that it can allow one to choose between Shows and Movies?

Thanks!
(2015-04-14, 04:07)graulito Wrote:
(2015-04-13, 11:08)Karnagious Wrote:

I see. Thanks for the quick reply...

Is that a design decision? Or a technical limitation. I exclusively use lazyTV to launch my TV shows and figure out what to watch next... It would be great to see My Unwatched movies right in the same way that the Unwatched TV shows are displayed, alongside one another; so that I may decide what to watch.

Instead if I understand you correctly, LazyTV only allows me to

A) pick TV Show Episodes to watch (but not movies)
OR
B) Randomly play Shows and/or Movies (but one doesnt get to decide what to watch)

Am I understanding that correctly? If so, would it be very much effort to modify option A so that it can allow one to choose between Shows and Movies?

Thanks!

Oh, its a design decision as it is certainly possible to create a view with movies combined with TV shows.

While the random player produces a sample of tv shows and movies, the List view shows ALL TV shows it has available.

One problem would be that the TV shows are likely to be swamped by the available movies. For instance, I have a hundred unwatched movies in my library. Having those in the List View would make the TV shows difficult to find.

Another problem is that the entire GUI would have to be redone to accommodate the movie specific information (movies dont have Season, Episode, episode count etc).

A work-around might be to start the random player, then exit immediately. This *should* bring you back to the playlist, which would have the episodes and movies listed together (in the standard skin view). In fact, you might be able to just a few lines of code to open the random playlist rather than immediately start playing it.
Next question...

The "create and maintain playlist" option. LazyTV works perfectly in showing new episodes, AND removing watched episodes from its list view...
But I recently started using the Eminence Skin and its Carousel View. I made one of the widgets point to the LazyTV playlist. This works very nicely, except that it seems that LazyTV seems to only be ADDING new content rules to the playlist without removing watched episode rules from it. I say this because after I watch an episode, LazyTV is smart enough to stop showing the episode in the List, however, the widget carousel continues to show them. When I open the Playlist in my file explorer, I can see that watched episode rules are still in the playlist.

Since LazyTV works as it should, I assume that the code/logic to REMOVE an episode from the watch list is only being applied to LazyTV but not being applied to the Smart Playlist curated by LazyTV....

If I have all of that right, would it be possible to modify LazyTV so that it can curate the Smart Playlist to remove watched episodes from the Playlist Rules...

(I attempted to modify the playlist myself by adding a new rule that shows episodes that have a playcount=0, but this did not work, as the rules are applied as OR statements, and therefore caused the playlist to show ALL episodes that havent been watched, (when what I want is the playlist to only show the NEXT unwatched episodes))

Let me know if I am missing something here, or if there is an easy fix from my side...

Thanks!
Hello,

The docs mention the ability to skip forward and backward as if changing TV channels. Is there a specific way to use LazyTV in order to get that functionality? I typically use it in the "start playing a random list" mode, and sometimes the first showing is a movie, which I sometime don't want and would like to simply skip it. To do so I usually have to stop it and restart.

thx
(2015-04-16, 23:40)leejk Wrote: Hello,

The docs mention the ability to skip forward and backward as if changing TV channels. Is there a specific way to use LazyTV in order to get that functionality? I typically use it in the "start playing a random list" mode, and sometimes the first showing is a movie, which I sometime don't want and would like to simply skip it. To do so I usually have to stop it and restart.

thx

It is a playlist, so the full list of shows is ready to play. On my remote, Up Channel skips to the next item. On my computer the same thing is done with Page Up.
(2015-04-16, 15:36)graulito Wrote: Next question...

The "create and maintain playlist" option. LazyTV works perfectly in showing new episodes, AND removing watched episodes from its list view...
But I recently started using the Eminence Skin and its Carousel View. I made one of the widgets point to the LazyTV playlist. This works very nicely, except that it seems that LazyTV seems to only be ADDING new content rules to the playlist without removing watched episode rules from it. I say this because after I watch an episode, LazyTV is smart enough to stop showing the episode in the List, however, the widget carousel continues to show them. When I open the Playlist in my file explorer, I can see that watched episode rules are still in the playlist.

Since LazyTV works as it should, I assume that the code/logic to REMOVE an episode from the watch list is only being applied to LazyTV but not being applied to the Smart Playlist curated by LazyTV....

If I have all of that right, would it be possible to modify LazyTV so that it can curate the Smart Playlist to remove watched episodes from the Playlist Rules...

(I attempted to modify the playlist myself by adding a new rule that shows episodes that have a playcount=0, but this did not work, as the rules are applied as OR statements, and therefore caused the playlist to show ALL episodes that havent been watched, (when what I want is the playlist to only show the NEXT unwatched episodes))

Let me know if I am missing something here, or if there is an easy fix from my side...

Thanks!

It should be updating the playlist automatically. I will look into that.
What does 'Skipped' mean, when in Poster view?

I have a show with 13 episodes in it, and I've watched 11 of them.

When I select the show, it says; Watched 11, Available 1, Skipped 1.

It seems like it's going to play episode 12, like it should.
(2015-04-17, 15:21)phreaq Wrote: What does 'Skipped' mean, when in Poster view?

I have a show with 13 episodes in it, and I've watched 11 of them.

When I select the show, it says; Watched 11, Available 1, Skipped 1.

It seems like it's going to play episode 12, like it should.

Yeah, I am not sure that is working right. The 'skipped' episodes eventually go down to 0.
(2015-04-17, 01:27)Karnagious Wrote: It should be updating the playlist automatically. I will look into that.

After some more investigating, I think I have narrowed down the issue....

IF I open LazyTV and watch a show VIA the LazyTV Add-on, then everything works fine, and the Playlist is automatically updated to remove watched episodes.

However, If I watch an episode from the playlist through a different mechanism (In my case, using the Eminence Widget Carousel, which plays the episodes from the playlist (but bypasses LazyTV), then after I am finished watching, the playlist does NOT get updated to remove those watched episodes...

Now , in this case, LazyTV cannot update the playlist in real time, since it wasn't actually the one playing the videos (or even running at all); so it makes sense that the playlist does not get updated...

However, would it be possible for LazyTV to scan and update the playlist on startup? So that it could remove episodes from the playlist that were watched (even though they weren't watched on LazyTV specifically). Or even better, a background service that monitors the playlist and updates the playlist in real-time even if episodes weren't watched through the LazyTV Interface... (That would be the most ideal, but also realize that is more work for you... )

Let me know if all of that makes sense... I am not sure if I worded it clearly enough...

Thanks again. You're add-on is by far the most useful of all the one's I use...
I just found this add on today and I'm really digging it. I have found a couple of things that have me scratching my head though, not sure if they are bugs. These may or may not have been reported before.

- The "Include episodes from unwatched TV series" option doesn't appear to be working. Whether enabled or not I see all shows, even those I haven't started yet, listed in the LazyTV show list.
- The "Begin partially watched episodes from their resume point" is great however when picking a partially watched show via the standard TV library, the Start from beginning or resume prompt seems to be broken. Even when picking "Start from beginning" the episode plays from the resume point.

Are these known issues? Any workarounds or planned fixes?

Details:
Asus Chromebox
OpenELEC v5.0.8
Kodi 14.2 (Compiled 3/31/2015)

Thanks!
tret
(2015-04-17, 18:17)graulito Wrote:
(2015-04-17, 01:27)Karnagious Wrote: It should be updating the playlist automatically. I will look into that.

IF I open LazyTV and watch a show VIA the LazyTV Add-on, then everything works fine, and the Playlist is automatically updated to remove watched episodes.

However, If I watch an episode from the playlist through a different mechanism (In my case, using the Eminence Widget Carousel, which plays the episodes from the playlist (but bypasses LazyTV), then after I am finished watching, the playlist does NOT get updated to remove those watched episodes...

Now , in this case, LazyTV cannot update the playlist in real time, since it wasn't actually the one playing the videos (or even running at all); so it makes sense that the playlist does not get updated...

However, would it be possible for LazyTV to scan and update the playlist on startup? So that it could remove episodes from the playlist that were watched (even though they weren't watched on LazyTV specifically). Or even better, a background service that monitors the playlist and updates the playlist in real-time even if episodes weren't watched through the LazyTV Interface... (That would be the most ideal, but also realize that is more work for you... )

Let me know if all of that makes sense... I am not sure if I worded it clearly enough...

I'm not sure if I'm seeing the same issue you're describing here but I am seeing a list refresh issue as well. When I go directly into LazyTV and watch an episode, once the episode completes I am prompted to see if I want to watch the next episode (as expected). If I decide not to watch the next episode it takes me back to the list but the list has not been refreshed. The show stats still show the Episode number for the episode I just watched. If I used the "Refresh List" option from the contextual menu, the stats are updated.

Note: I use the "Posters" view.
(2015-04-23, 16:24)tret Wrote:
(2015-04-17, 18:17)graulito Wrote:

I'm not sure if I'm seeing the same issue you're describing here but I am seeing a list refresh issue as well. When I go directly into LazyTV and watch an episode, once the episode completes I am prompted to see if I want to watch the next episode (as expected). If I decide not to watch the next episode it takes me back to the list but the list has not been refreshed. The show stats still show the Episode number for the episode I just watched. If I used the "Refresh List" option from the contextual menu, the stats are updated.

Note: I use the "Posters" view.

Nevermind, found this post. Seems this is a known issue that will be fixed in an upcoming release.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1957731
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4