Win [SOLVED] Frodo Movies section crashing
Hey Guys -

I have just installed XBMC on windows 7 sp1. I have installed the Frodo version (stable) not nighties or monthlies. My skin is Aeon Nox. I have a core2duo machine, 4gigs of Ram and a 6670 ATI card. Everything works great except my movies section. I have over 200 movies and when I access this section the PC seems a little sluggish and sometimes the whole application crashes. Very frustrating. I did in fact notice that if I have a movie playing in while toggle through the movie menu then it doesn't crash. Very strange, you'd think that playing a movie and navigating through the menu would tak up more resources Once I stop the movie, Boom, done crash. I'm leaning towards the ATI card is having the problem. So I updated the ATI Driver to the latest and greats and still the issue occurs. I never had an issue with NVidia and XBMC so maybe I should get a newer NVidia Card but I wanted to hit the forums first.

If any one has had the same issue please let me know it would be a great help.

Thanks - John
Can you post a debug log (wiki) of when this happens?
Hey Ned, Thanks for your reply! I will get you a dump of my debug and post as soon as I can.
--
Update: I cleaned up the Heat folder. Not sure if the scrapper was getting hung up on that movie.
That seems to be it! The movie HEAT had some other files in it. Not sure why this would crash XBMC. kinda odd. Thanks for the debug suggestion. If it starts occurring again ill update the thread.

-John

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Frodo Movies section crashing0