WIP Background Music
So I've seen several threads talk about having background music. I stumbled across them after using my friend's Wii and wishing that XBMC would have similar soft ambient music in the background.

the threads I saw all pointed to things like playlists at startup for specific themes, or other solutions that kick off a player but that won't restart when you're done playing with something.

So I've created a service plugin that can be configured with any audio media.

https://github.com/v0idnull/xbmc to install the install the repo and subsequently the plugin.

there are two major issues plaguing me right now.

1) this is incompatible with PseudoTV (no idea how fix)
2) navigation sounds, no matter how you configure XBMC don't seem to play when the music is playing unless you reset the navigation sound settings in the Appearance tab (no idea how to fix)
3) If you try to stop the music normally, it will restart again unless you disable the plugin

I've only tested on Frodo with the Xperience1080+ theme.

If you're looking for the soft ambient music that other media centers have, do what I did: search for ambient music from netlabels on archive.org. I've found a whole bunch and got exactly the kind of background music I was looking for. You can also search for "drone" ambience as well.

Of course, you're free to play whatever you want to play.

If anyone has any problems, please let me know.
I took a crack at this a while back at a user's requst: https://github.com/bstrdsmkr/service.bgmusic

hth
I would be interested in the continual development of either of these im specifically looking for the issues you stated to be fixed, if possible to do it would be amazing Smile

Thanks.
Does this plugin still work with 15.2?
(2015-10-15, 03:42)DAlba Wrote: Does this plugin still work with 15.2?

+1 (ill try tonight when i have some time)
ya, no "dependencies not met" :-S on Bstrdsmkr release. Thanks anyhow Bstrdsmkr, likely a version issue seeing how his post is 2 years old.

v0idnull's version does work (helix) (will test in Isengard shortly) but it does not seem to kick back in after playing a video? so its only working on startup and until you play you first anything.

ideas?
Figured it out but using a different script:

https://github.com/KenV99/service.xbmc.callbacks2

That's a plugin that lets you run a variety of your own scripts based on kodi actions; stop, start, boot...

From there i wrote a simple script to play my MP3:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
kodi-send -a "PlayMedia(/LOCATION OF YOUR MP3/MUSIC.mp3)";

I then apply that script to "onboot" and "onstop" and we're done. when the mp3 finishes the on stop action is triggered which then causes it to play itself again. When you play a real video the mp3 stops and plays again once finished.

Cheers,
(2015-12-02, 17:38)apeg Wrote: Figured it out but using a different script:

https://github.com/KenV99/service.xbmc.callbacks2

That's a plugin that lets you run a variety of your own scripts based on kodi actions; stop, start, boot...

From there i wrote a simple script to play my MP3:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
kodi-send -a "PlayMedia(/LOCATION OF YOUR MP3/MUSIC.mp3)";

I then apply that script to "onboot" and "onstop" and we're done. when the mp3 finishes the on stop action is triggered which then causes it to play itself again. When you play a real video the mp3 stops and plays again once finished.

Cheers,

Thanks for this apeg. Works great Big Grin

If i wanted to have multiple random songs play. What lines do i need to add in the script?

Thanks
I tried this method successfully yesterday. Works like a charm. Here is my problem now, the play icon is displayed on the home page and preventing all widgets from displaying. I have searched on how to make this not visible but cannot find it. Any idea anyone? If not make it invisible, simply moving it would work also, but I cant figure out what file I need to be editing. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Okay, solved that problem. But whenever I use this addon, my widgets on the homepage will not display. Any idea why?
Hi, I am new to this forum. Four days back I setup a new HTPC with Kodi. I really wanted the background music to play while starting the application and it should be playing the entire time while browsing. The music should stop when I select a movie title for playback. Similarly after the movie ends or while browsing in midway the background music should continue playing. I find this thread to be working from the comments above. I am using Kodi v17. Will it work for all skins since I am using Scope Nox Skin (Aeon Nox modified for 2.35:1 aspect ratio - downloaded from a forum). I do not know how to setup this. Please tell me the steps to make this work. Thanks. Huh
i saw somebody, having startup sound to all TVseries like big bang for example....

is this possible with this plugin?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Background Music0