• 15(current)
openelec AND retroplayer? i need a clean pair of pants
(2015-09-30, 15:44)fortenbt Wrote: So one of my main questions with updates like your fix is am I pulling the latest update from the git repo, or do the mkpkg_retroplayer and mkpkg_kodi-retroplayer scripts handle that? It seems like those scripts handle doing the git pulls, but I wasn't sure if that included everything.

(2015-09-30, 16:35)Solo0815 Wrote: I tried to compile your OE-branch for the "Wetek Play". It doesn't compile, because of "mupen64". Where can I disable it?
I already removed all directories with "mupen64", but this didn't help.

I updated the OP with a complete description of RetroPlayer's use of the OpenELEC build system. I hope the explanations are helpful.

To answer your question, comment out mupen64 in packages/virtual/mediacenter/package.mk

(2015-09-30, 20:56)UWDuus Wrote: for some reason i cant get the emulators to work

I answered this earlier:

(2015-09-30, 10:41)garbear Wrote:
(2015-09-30, 03:02)xel_arjona Wrote: Games did not launch.

Fixed in eb8e57c.

Remember, to incorporate these fixes into your OpenELEC build, you need to rerun `./mkpkg_kodi-retroplayer` and `./mkpkg_retroplayer`
Thumbs Up 
Well, already compiled a working Nvidia_Legacy build and tested on the old Athlon box. everything running smooth and some game cores are opening quite well. Use of Xbox360 still tricky (probably my hardware is a lil messed up) but it responds and mostly works! Some Game Cores not opening roms like genesis. Lot's of others still out of testing in regard of lack of roms bot in general, build is running quite well here!

Cheers Garbear!
awesome! grab some logs and start posting github issues at https://github.com/kodi-game for the cores that need some work. someday... ... someday! we'll have working emulators for every platform
with my own compile of OE, I have this problem: (don't know, if it is a bug)
If I press "Volume up" on my remote, the volume increases only one step. According to the Kodi log the keypress is detected. It worked before with all the official OE builds from Openelec.tv
Here is a snippet is the debug-log: http://pastebin.com/6niiACHA

and I can confirm this bug:
(2015-10-01, 13:46)zag Wrote: I did notice that when I pressed escape on the keyboard while playing, it pauses the game but doesn't give control back to Kodi. All I seem to be able to do is press SPACE to pause the game, or TAB to make it full screen or see the menu. No other keyboard controls work.

btw: can we control kodi with the gamepad? Actually it does not seem to work.

All tested with a compiled OE-version on Wetek Play
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2015-10-01, 21:24)Solo0815 Wrote: btw: can we control kodi with the gamepad? Actually it does not seem to work.

All tested with a compiled OE-version on Wetek Play

You need to configure input on the default controller for the gamepad to control Kodi.
I got the RPi build working today; I had to disable bsnes-mercury and mupen64plus cores.

The error log for bsnes-mercury is here:

http://pastebin.com/CGZUjuRP

And mupen64plus is here:

http://pastebin.com/dz0BnKtp

I haven't had a chance to look into either one, but mupen64plus's looks to be a GL/gl.h missing file issue. Not sure how complicated that one gets or if it is as simple as adding the path.
RetroPlayer doesn't support GLES (yet), so mupen64plus can't be loaded anyway. bSNES Mercury compiled fine and appears in the RPi image I uploaded.
i got it to work with an extracted smc file, but on the pi snes runs terrible slow Sad
RPi2 ships with two SNES emulators, Beetle bSNES and bSNES Mercury. Do you see these when you go to System -> Addons -> My Add-ons -> Game Add-ons -> Emulators?
Beetle bSNES should work, I used it yesterday
(2015-10-02, 11:05)garbear Wrote: RPi2 ships with two SNES emulators, Beetle bSNES and bSNES Mercury. Do you see these when you go to System -> Addons -> My Add-ons -> Game Add-ons -> Emulators?

i got it to work with an extracted smc file, but on the pi snes runs terrible slow Sad
Built on Ubuntu 14.04. Project generic arch
X86_64.
Make image for an usb install.

Booted from usb to install on another usb on
Beebox n3000 Intel braswell

During installation I had soft lock up(cpu stuck...)

Can't finish installation...
(2015-10-02, 05:25)garbear Wrote: RetroPlayer doesn't support GLES (yet), so mupen64plus can't be loaded anyway. bSNES Mercury compiled fine and appears in the RPi image I uploaded.

I haven't looked into the differences between the RPi2 and RPi projects, but the image you uploaded was for the RPi2, right?

I'll have to look at this tonight, but it looks like the error has to do with the compiler not knowing what constexpr is. Does the RPi project compile a version of g++ that supports c++11 (I believe GCC 4.6, based on this page)?

I'll keep looking into this, but figured I'd post in case someone wanted to know.
kodi in general needs C++11, gcc >= 4.8 needed.
(2015-10-02, 15:13)evilsephiroth Wrote: Built on Ubuntu 14.04. Project generic arch
X86_64.
Make image for an usb install.

Booted from usb to install on another usb on
Beebox n3000 Intel braswell

During installation I had soft lock up(cpu stuck...)

Can't finish installation...

Anyone experiencing this on braswell boxes?
I use a generic image from the build thread and I didn't had this error...
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
openelec AND retroplayer? i need a clean pair of pants4