XBMC (11.0.2) crashes at random on QNAP TS-269L
XBMC keeps on crashing on my new QNAP TS-269L. I'm not to handy with (linux) machines, but I read the "read this"' and hopefully you can help me in figuring out what causes the problem.

Problem
When I start XMBC it crashes at some random point. Some times it is after x seconds and sometimes it is after watching a 3 complete episodes of a random series. I already tried to deleted to library file and re-installed the complete NAS but both didn't solve the problem.

When XBMC crashes the application freezes at the screen where you are at that moment. The only action which helps at that moment is restarting the NAS.
Other applications on the NAS do not cause any problems.

Could somebody please help me in figuring out what causes these crashes and what I should to prevent this from happening again?

Logfile
http://pastebin.com/zK6Ra9at

Configuration XBMC
1. Version: 11.0.2 (For some reason version 12 (frodo) is not compatible with my NAS according to QNAP)

Configuration NAS
0. My Operating System for accessing the NAS: Windows 7
1. Architecture NAS: X86_64
2. NAS model: TS-269L
3. Firmware revision: 4.0.2 (build 20130726)
4. Network Setup: Single Port
5. Drive Configuration: RAID1
6. Number of drives: 2
6.I Drive Manufacturer: Western Digital Harddisk
6.II Drive Model: 3.5" Red 2TB, SATA600, WD20EFRX
6.III Drive Firmware revision: WDC WD20EFRX-68AX9N080.0

Backtrace
Sorry I did not quite understood this.
Could somebody please help me figuring out what causes the crashes?
hi I have a similar setup but the ts-269L does now support 12.3 however I have accidently uninstalled the XMBC instead of disable and enable. but QNAP are saying its now not supported and the Download for it is gone, and should contact Kodi to get a copy

I have managed to locate the file name for the file I need: XBMC_12.3.0_x86_cv.zip

Have you used this package?
Do you have a copy of this package that I could have please?
Try using 'Adjust refresh rate to match video' in video settings.

The TS-269L does not really have what it takes to run XBMC properly, it only has 1GB RAM and you're probably just running out of (RAM) memory and crashing. With 1GB RAM and if you have a number of QNAP Apps loaded already on your box will not be enough to run XBMC/Kodi properly. You need a QNAP device that supports HD Station to really run XBMC or Kodi properly. You could try making your swap partition bigger but I don't think that will really make a difference as page-swapping is much slower than RAM. The dual-core Atom CPU of the TS-269L will also struggle to keep-up with Hi-Def video, especially if your NAS is running other apps in the background as it most probably does. You do have the option to add more RAM (up to 3GB), that's what I would recommend if you really insist on running XBMC on it ... but your CPU will still be a bottleneck and you won't be able to play HEVC video. Also, try running Plex instead, it is fully supported for the TS-269L by QNAP .

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC (11.0.2) crashes at random on QNAP TS-269L1