Headless Pi Downloader
I'm to the new forums...I'm looking for some help.

I want to build a Raspberry Pi, to be a fully automated download for usernet content. I know how to setup the Pi to be an automated media server, but I just want it to dwnld the content using sab, couchpotato, and sickbeard, and then send the content to external hdd. Which I then access the hdd from my other devices, such will probably be a HTPC, OUYA and idk the third device yet.

Can anyone tell me if its possible? I have searched and I cannot find anything.

Thanks
So nothing to do with XBMC then?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Yes I want to use XBMC but not on the rPi just on the devices that I want to stream the media to. So like on OUYAs i will have XBMC installed.
My point is your problem has nothing to do with XBMC.

I'd suggest you find a more suitable forum for your question, perhaps the Raspberry Pi forum. They've got a section for "Beginners" in the section "Using the Raspberry Pi" which sounds ideal. Or maybe visit the forums dedicated to supporting the software applications you mentioned in your first post.

The XBMC forum is for discussing XBMC and not other software packages (no matter how tenuously related they might be).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-08-13, 22:49)arl33323 Wrote: I'm to the new forums...I'm looking for some help.

I want to build a Raspberry Pi, to be a fully automated download for usernet content. I know how to setup the Pi to be an automated media server, but I just want it to dwnld the content using sab, couchpotato, and sickbeard, and then send the content to external hdd. Which I then access the hdd from my other devices, such will probably be a HTPC, OUYA and idk the third device yet.

Can anyone tell me if its possible? I have searched and I cannot find anything.

Thanks
Guide here: http://www.cylindric.net/blog/raspberrypi-setup/

It sounds like you're going this route anyway, but I'd use a dedicated/headless Pi as your downloader. That way you can set your GPU split to 16 and give nearly all the RAM to the OS/services. I have a Pi in a box under my router, with two external HD's connected to it (shared over Samba). The other Pi's around the house stream content from this device.
Doing this with the Pi would be easy, but storage space will limit you in a big way. Unless your using a massive 32 or 64 GB SD card, downloading two or three items - especial if in HD will fill your storage space up rather quick.

It is however easy to do. Are you needing assistance with setting up CP and SB on the Pi? ensure you have Python installed first of all, and then follow the guide on CP's website for the install. Do the same with SB
HTPC - i3-3240 Processor | Asus P8H77-I Mobo | 8 GB PC3 12800 DDR3 | 60 GB SSD | Windows 8.1 w/ XBMC Frodo
NAS Server - Dual Xeon E5440 Quad Core | 32 GB DDR2 ECC | 4 X 2TB Western Digital RED | RAIDz | FreeNAS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Headless Pi Downloader0