Wake up PC with Logitech HR 900
Hi,

I m looking for a way to automatically start my HTPC with one remote button press on my HR900. Is this possible and if so HOW do i config this exactly?

I own a ASROCK H61M-ITX (http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H61M-ITX/...​fications). I find in the specs that my motherboard supports ''ACPI 1.1 Compliance Wake Up Events'' but I have no idea what this means and if I can use this for my purpose. I also use Eventghost by the way. Of course I also have a IR receiver that is USB connected to my motherboard
Don't dream your life, live your dream
i presume your usb dongle does work with the Harmony 900 ?
then it depents on if your ir receiver works when your HTPC is turned off.
if so then check your bios if it has a option to wake up on a usb device.
then it should be possible.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
(2013-08-14, 13:52)TRaSH Wrote: i presume your usb dongle does work with the Harmony 900 ?
then it depents on if your ir receiver works when your HTPC is turned off.
if so then check your bios if it has a option to wake up on a usb device.
then it should be possible.
Yes, the IR usb receiver works with the Harmony 900 but only with the use of Eventghost.
Hi THX....

Hvae you ever considered using Openelec as your version of XBMC? This an OS dedicated to running XBMC. It is perfect for running standalone htpc machines without the Windows overhead.

BUT I DO NOT KNOW IF USING OPENELEC WILL ACHIEVE WHAT YOU WANT.

I tend to leave mine running on all the time.

Best of luck.
(2013-08-14, 15:58)hernandito Wrote: Hi THX....

Hvae you ever considered using Openelec as your version of XBMC? This an OS dedicated to running XBMC. It is perfect for running standalone htpc machines without the Windows overhead.

BUT I DO NOT KNOW IF USING OPENELEC WILL ACHIEVE WHAT YOU WANT.

I tend to leave mine running on all the time.

Best of luck.

Thanks for your reply. OpenELEC is no option for me because I need to run my D-Box decoder software program that is windows-only.
Are you doing a full power down rather than a suspend or hibernate? I am using a Harmony 650 with a HP usb receiver and I can only wake it from suspend. Also, I can only use usb 2.0 ports to do this, so you might want to try a different port(if you haven't already).
if the dongle only works when eventghost is running then it wont work when it's shutdown or in standby/suspend.
i bought a hp ir reciever(on ebay for something like 8 dollar) because that one does work without any extra software.
i only use the registery patch for the extra options.
and it als wakes my HTPC
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wake up PC with Logitech HR 9000