Win XBMC constantly asks me to "Enter master lock code"
Any ideas why?

Whether I enter it, or press Esc it asks again and again, seemingly at random.
Seems like you had set the master lock code and misremembered it?

To get rid of the master lock: Exit XBMC, locate your profiles.xml file in your userdata (wiki) directory, edit the file and delete all the statements that start with <lock* and save the file. Start XBMC and the master lock should be gone now. You can set a new master lock (or not).
i had this issue when i first setup the masterlock.. i think there is a setting that is required to view media/homescreen, and if you have it locked, then each time you access that content/screen it will ask for the passcode. i think it was the "lockfiles", "lockvideo", or "lockprograms" options.. i have all of those to false now and it stopped randomly asking for my code. i only have the "lockaddonmanager", "locksettings" to true, and that seems to keep my household out of most of what i dont want them accessing.
It's related to this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170321

You can either turn master lock off completely if you didn't mean to enable it (XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Master lock) or just disable the lock on "scripts and programs".
el_cabong, Ned Scott, thanks a lot - you solved the problem.
Hi,

I have the same issue, but when I try and login to the IP address via ssh the first command line asks me to "login as:"

I've tried the username and password I am convinced I set but it doesn't let me in! Any help much appreciated.
So you forgot the master lock code as well as your user and password combination for Linux?

What OS are you running?
I set up a master user profile and i locked myself out of the loaded kodi with all the addons the was put on the box. I would like to delete master user and use no profile
I have the xgody m9 pro with the 6.0 marshmallow android. I know my master code i just want to unlock it and get the loaded screen back
It appears your hardware is in the class of "fully loaded box" which can't get support from this forum due to the forum rules. sorry.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC constantly asks me to "Enter master lock code"0