Nexus 7 streaming to TV via Miracast or Chromecast
Do you think a new Nexus 7 will have issues and be choppy running xbmc and streaming to TVHuh via Chromecast or Miracast..etc?
Do you think XBMC supports Chromecast or Miracast?
(2013-08-15, 21:17)Nu7s Wrote: Do you think XBMC supports Chromecast or Miracast?

No, XBMC doesn't support Miracast AFAIK, but maybe the TV does don't you think? Mine has Miracast support and I have a Nexus 7, screen mirroring works great on YouTube videos, not choppy at all, so maybe it could be the same with XBMC
Do you have the new N7 quad core or earlier model this year and if my wifi is coming from upstairs from a Cosco modem and my tv is downstairs how will it hold up? My iPhone is ok, but how's he nexus for streaming and then again mirroring to the TV , won't it lag even more ?

So miracast will work mirroring xbmc from a laptop but not a tablet, lastly how does miracast compare to chromecast?
(2013-08-15, 21:17)Nu7s Wrote: Do you think XBMC supports Chromecast or Miracast?

I think he is thinking about running xbmc on his tablet and sharing the tablet screen on the tv via miracast
That's exactly what I meant, is it possible or does chromecast still only strictly do YouTube, google vids etc.. Or has a program/fix come out to allow you to stream xbmc with full sound/video yet?
(2013-08-16, 23:30)miklud Wrote: That's exactly what I meant, is it possible or does chromecast still only strictly do YouTube, google vids etc.. Or has a program/fix come out to allow you to stream xbmc with full sound/video yet?

If you have a TV that supports Miracast, you don't need Chromecast. And no, Chromecast doesn't support screen mirroring
Is this model samsung supported?
its not a smart tv

51" Plasma 450 Series TV
PN51D450A2D
Supported for what? And do you expect us to look up that tvs specs online and read them for you?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nexus 7 streaming to TV via Miracast or Chromecast0