Troubles with Frodo and Win 7 Pro
So here's a weird one. Some may remember that I was running Vista Business, and the OS was not showing all the Supported Formats of my HDMI card, yet Frodo was able to play them properly. So now I have replaced that OS with Win 7 Pro (I re-formatted the hard drive, didn't run it as an upgrade). And now the OS properly shows all the Supported Formats. Yay! Mind you, OS sounds don't play. It *looks* like they play, but I hear no sound. Yet playing media files with VLC works fine - I see video, I hear audio. Odd.

But that's not the really weird part. :-) I install Frodo, I go to add video sources, I browse for SMB sources .. and I do not see my main video shares. All my video is shared from a Windows Home Server. When I was running Vista, these sources showed up. Now they don't. I can see other Win 7 shares, however. If I exit Frodo, and go to the OS, I can browse and see those shares. I can map a drive letter to those shares. Win 7 has no problem accessing and playing the media files. But Frodo won't see this one PC's shares.

So why would it not see this one PC (and so doesn't see it's shares), yet can see other PCs shares? If the OS can see, browse, and map drive letters to those shares, they are accessible, and Frodo should see them, yes?

I have tried removing XBMC completely, and re-installing. No difference.

Thoughts? I'm at work and don't have a debug log to post.
XBMC uses the OS api's to browse for shares. In my setup it didn't worked when my samba server was up. Setting there the right workgroup worked and the shares were browsable again. I dunno what is wrong and never found it out. But you can paste in the smb url to your share without browsing which should still work.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2013-08-16, 13:56)WiSo Wrote: XBMC uses the OS api's to browse for shares. In my setup it didn't worked when my samba server was up. Setting there the right workgroup worked and the shares were browsable again. I dunno what is wrong and never found it out. But you can paste in the smb url to your share without browsing which should still work.

I will try that when I get home. All these machines are members of the same domain (not workgroup), as was this same machine when it was running Vista Business. And the shares are set to allow access to anyone. Been this way for 2-3 years. I used to run a different Win 7 box with Frodo this way, but had to give that one to my girlfriend. So I replaced it with this one, which originally came with Vista Business.

I'll report more later. Thanks.
So, I went home, uninstalled XBMC (again). This time I removed this PC from the domain, and left it in a workgroup. Re-installed XBMC. And lo and behold, this time I was able to browse using SMB, and did properly see all my shares. Weird.

Next weirdness ...

I was able to add my movies source (I have 4 shared folders that have movies in them). Used the Universal Movie Scraper. All worked just as it should. Tried to add my TV Shows folders (I have 2). I can add them, but they don't scan into the folder. When I looked at the XBMC log, it appeared as if XBMC could not connect to thetvdb.com

This is returned if CURLOPT_FAILONERROR is set TRUE and the HTTP server returns an error code that is >= 400.

And I can't get to www.thtvdb.com, says it's down. http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/thetvdb.com.html says it's down for everybody, not just me. I guess that's why the TV Shows aren't being added to the library.

Question: I used to be able to use IMDB as a TV show scraper, but that's gone now. Looks like thetvdb.com is the only one available. Is there any recourse when that site is down? I can't add any TV Shows to my library until it comes back up.

(XBMC Log: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=46125 )
never post snippets on the forum.
and yeah site is down. relax, sit back and try again when it's working again
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-08-17, 01:19)Martijn Wrote: never post snippets on the forum.
and yeah site is down. relax, sit back and try again when it's working again

Actually it's been down since last night, when I first tried this. I only posted what I saw as the relevant portions of the log, but sorry about that.

So there's no alternative scraper for TV shows that are not anime, or are primarily in English? I don't see any scraper to use as a fallback, like you can with movies.
According to this

http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14613

The outage is resolved. And now my TV shows are properly scanning to the library again, and all is well. So I am good to go!

Thanks everyone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Troubles with Frodo and Win 7 Pro0