Gigabyte GB-XM1-3537 or Intel BOXDC53427HYE
I'm trying to replace my bulky Silverstone HTPC with a smaller HTPC. I cannot believe how small computer get these days. I enjoy using USB 3.0 hard drives at the theater room. Intel NUC is cheaper but it have only one USB 3.0. Gigabyte BRIX is more expensive, but it have better spec and included multiple USB 3.0. I'll use the Silverstone as a desktop PC and server. I don't need wireless option, because HD streaming through wire is much better for me.

Anyone own these two HTPC's, and why you preferred one over another?
A lot of viewers, but no comment. Any comment?
Yeh. Try reading the dedicated threads on them Smile
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

My experience (i3 versions of both):

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1473448
Get the new haswel nuc ...
It has more USB 3 ports .. ( although a usb3 hub maybe necessary )

Btw strip all your external hard disk drives and build a decent server for streaming Smile
Thank you for the replies guys. I read through some of the threads mentioned above, but I didn't notice any direct comparison between Gigabyte GB-XM1-3537 and Intel BOXDC53427HYE?
After more Googling, I might go with Intel BOXDC53427HYE instead. Users seems to think that Intel bios is more stable and advance than Gigabyte bios....
(2013-08-21, 20:09)noworry Wrote: After more Googling, I might go with Intel BOXDC53427HYE instead. Users seems to think that Intel bios is more stable and advance than Gigabyte bios....

Makes sense this the NUC has been out for much longer then the Brix. When I had the Brix the bios was pretty thin - very few options compared to the intel. Maybe it will improve over time...

Ernie

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gigabyte GB-XM1-3537 or Intel BOXDC53427HYE0