multiple database
New to Ember MM and got it installed as 1.3.14 after data conversion from r10.

Tried searching but could not find an answer to this...
Is there a way to have multiple databases for movies and TV shows rather than ALL in one database?

I currently have kids and my movies separated as well as TV shows.
I prefer to work on them as two distinct databases so they are not mixed all together.
As for TV shows, I have them as kids, family, wife, mine.

Ideally I would like to see File --> New database, Open database, etc
or in the main program simply have multiple TABS where Movies and TV Shows are now.

Any other ideas other than installing 2 or more versions of Ember-MM?
Wow thats an interesting idea - in fact as a developer I often would like to work with different "test" databases myself - an option to load different databases from Ember itself would be a nice feature.
I will look into it!
Another example is having different TABS for 480p/DVD, 720p, 1080p and 3D since I already have them sorted into different
parent directories, And this allows the same movie to have different resolutions (ie a 720p and 1080p version). The TABS could go across
and then continue below as new tabs are created so that we can see all databases. ie
Kids-movies / My-Movies / 3D-Movies /
Kids-TV / Wife-TV / My-TV / Family-TV

If going the route of File --> Open database, then also have the list of recently opened databases under the File menu before File --> Exit

I have this setup for my Popcorn NMT players so that I don't have to scroll through 500+ kids movies to see my movies, and some movies
are 720p only since they are only played on a 720p television.

When adding new Kids' TV shows or Kids' movies, I would love to only have to use Ember to search those locations as defined and this
allows me to much more quickly get the best setup before re-generating the NMT jukeboxes that need to be updated.

Thanks for any development you guys decide to do on this idea.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
multiple database0