[SOLVED] XBMCBuntu file browser movies folder appears empty
Hello,

If I go in videos, files and explore my hard drive, I can see all the files in my tv shows folder, same for my documentaries folder or any video file in any folder. But the "Movies" folder always appears empty. I have XBMC on another computer and I don't have this problem, this is only with XBMCBuntu. Tried Both v11 and v12.2 but it's the same.

This is in the file browser, not the library, I haven't even gotten to that point yet.

Anyone had that problem before?

Thanks!

Marco
Switch over to the XBMCbuntu desktop and, using the file manager, verify there are actually files in the Movies folder.
There are, it's an external hard drive and I already checked as I freaked out and thought all my files were gone. All is there, just won'T show up in XBMCBuntu.
When you say your "Movies folder", are you referring to the MOVIES main menu item or to a directory named "Movies" that you access via VIDEOS > Files?
Directory name movies in VIDEOS > Files, then browsing to the "movies" folder on the hard drive. I thought at first the files were hidden but they are not, I even tried ticking "show hidden files"
Are you able to see the files in the "Movies" directory if you use SYSTEM > File manager? (You may have to add that directory as a source first)
Nope, can't see them there either. Tried exploring the hard drive "source" and also added the movies folder as a source. Could it be there are too many files or that the the name of the folder being "Movies" messes something up?

Thanks for all your answers btw, I really appreciate it

Tried renaming the folder another name, still cannot see any files. Created another "Movies" folder, added one movie in it and I can see the file
Ok so I don't know if I found a bug, but I have 1297 files in that folder and if I split them in two folders: "Movies" and "Movies2", it works.
Then I put back everything in "Movies" and now I can see the files. Hope I could give you guys more details to see if it's a bug, but it's all I got. Hopefully if other people have the same problem, they can do the same thing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] XBMCBuntu file browser movies folder appears empty0