Win Using a portable hard drive for movies.
I am thinking about using my portable hard drive to store some movies and want xbmc to load them into the library. I know how to set this up but my question is if I unplug the hard drive to transfer files then plug it back into the computer will xbmc have the movies mapped correctly. I know they will not work when it is not plugged in but it should still show the artwork. Has anyone done this? Will I need to add the source every time I plug it back in? Thanks!
I do this on my macbook pro and it works fine, xbmc keeps all the paths stored, when i don't have it plugged in, they still show up but upon selection xbmc just says file unavailable and offers to remove it from the library
HTPC: AMD A6-3500, 4GB RAM, OCZ Agility 3 90GB SSD, 2 1TB Hard Drives in RAID 0, nVidia GeForce 8400GS (soon to be replaced), Logitech Wireless Mouse and Keyboard, XBMC Eden 11.0
LAPTOP: Apple Macbook Pro 15, Late 2011 Model, 2.2Ghz Intel Core i7, AMD Radeon HD 6750M & Intel HD 3000, 8GB RAM, OCZ Vertex 2 240GB SSD, XBMC Eden 11.0
iPhone 4S 16GB with iTunes Match
Thanks I went ahead and tested it and you were right it mapped back and played them. Now it's time to build a server I guess to hold all of my media.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using a portable hard drive for movies.0