Thought on future XBMC android boxes
Okay so this is the cheapest Box I could find

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Android-4-1-XB...1c31b42b7f

Android 4.1 XBMC WiFi Media Player Mini PC TV Box Dual Core AMLogic 8726 MX M6

Price:£42.99 (shipping included)

Chipset: Cortex-A9 Amlogic 8726-MX(much faster than 8726-M3)
Processor frequency: Dual-Core 1.6GHz
Integrated Graphics Mali400 GPU
RAM: 1GB DDR3/NAND Flash: 4GB
Google Play pre-installed
Play thousands of Google Play apps&games, listening online radio station, watch online videos and check emails
Supports Adobe Flash 11
Modified Netflix pre-installed(TV screen will flash some times before login window appear)
Modified XBMC&MX Player installed(enable you play 1080p videos in XBMC)
With XBMC add-ons, you will get amazing media center experience
Built-in 802.11b/g/n WIFI adapter with external antenna
Supports 2.4GHz wireless keyboards and mouse/fly air mouse
Supports USB wired keyboards and mouse
Supports USB webcam/USB microphone, you can make video/audio chat on Skype/MSN etc.(USB webcam/microphone NOT included)
Memory Card Type: SD(HC), up to 32GB
Supports USB external Hard disk: Max. 5TB
I/O Port: 4 x USB 2.0 host for external storage and USB devices
I/O Port: 1 x HDMI 1.4
I/O Port: 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet socket
I/O Port: 1 x Composite A/V output socket(A/V cable NOT included)
I/O Port: 1 x SD card reader slot
Video codecs: M-JPEG, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.263, H.264, VC-1, DivX, Xvid, RealVideo, VP6, Sorenson Spark
Picture Formats: JPEG, JPG, BMP, GIF
Audio Formats: MP3, WMA, APE, FLAC, AAC, WAV, OGG
Power Adapter Input: 100-240V 50-60Hz
Power Adapter Output: DC 12V/2A(provide enough power for external USB HDD, USB hub/webcam)
LED indicator
Color: Black
Case Material: Plastic
Dimensions: 130 x 9 x 28mm
Net weight: 0.16kg

Now my question is are these boxes from China good enough for now, will they be good enough in the future?

Once a Chipset is fully working with XBMC (android version) then will we see these boxes going a dime a dozen?

If so then is the Ouya well over priced? Yes it has slightly more support but community support will just go where their is a market and cheapest product gives it a good candidate for a good market. Just wanted some thoughts on Android boxes
Don't buy it unless the distributor can point you to the source code for the 'modified' xbmc version. gpl violators are not to be supported.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Agreed but I'm asking that these boxes that come from China, what determines that it will run XBMC is it just a matter of checking to see if it has a chipset that is already working with XBMC?
The box you point to seems (on the basis of what you posted) to need modified xbmc cofe, so no it is useless for being future proof. Because without either the distributor continuing to support their code, or access to the source, you'll never get a nrw version.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
thankyou nickr I'm starting to get a better picture. Can one not simply flash it and put in another XBMC version that uses the same chipset?
Don't know. Try it and see, it's not a big expense.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thought on future XBMC android boxes0