• 6(current)
Help spread the word: XBMCHUB is not XBMC.org
The 5th of November how very apt.
Here in Blighty we shove a mannequin of a traitor on top of a bonfire.
There are a lot of fake things here and there, so we have to be carefull with all these things.
Disgraceful (the email that is, not bonfire night)
I cant believe that,
(2013-10-31, 20:53)jas0npc Wrote: I cant believe that,

Nor me!
I really don't think they're that dumb.
I'm more inclined to think someone is trying to escalate an already messy situation. Say someone with access to a mailing list, perhaps?

Anyway, I understand that the Foundation representatives don't wanna get involved in a pissing contest with a bunch of rogue addon developers. There was a time I did understood such a stance. Not anymore. Whoever is behind that nasty email is inflicting serious damages to the Foundation and XBMC Team.

Some comments on Facebook aren't problematic but if someone really decides to continue with this kind of low-level attitude, it may get out of hand.

I browsed xunitytalk for 2m and noticed that they already have almost 7000 registered members. That's a lot for a few days old site.

BTW, I really don't know why someone would put up with such a butt ugly site. It reminds me of a bunch of 5 year olds playing with crayons. Seriously. Those colors could make a colorblind see full color spectrum. IR and UV included.
All I will say is that the email in question has absolutely nothing to do with us. No one with access to our email list (two people in total) uses UK expressions like *mate. Not to mention that the email address is clearly a fake gmail address as we send all letters from the same email account.

Nothing but more drama from the same devs that are flaming here, there, our forums, twitter, Facebook, etc. Truly sad. Nothing more than attempt (as they are doing in this very thread) to keep themselves in a discussion while trying to confuse people regarding HUB.

I will hand it to them... This one is in their top 5 grossest moves yet. Take a brave soul for such foolishness.

We have yet to hear anything on our forums about this... and the team was just informed to gather as much info as possible if anything comes up.
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
Apologise
So misa, what should he do regarding that email?

Who exactly should he point to?

It's an obvious fake to make the site look bad... how would you react?
No reactions at all seems to be the best way. Remember: Action gives Reaction. So please stop all this bul***t. I really don't understand all this stuf.
Also... worth noting, this seems to have not gone out to our members. Still have not found a single user from XBMCHUB who has received such an email... and I can assure our database is secure.

I have posted a correction on Facebook to inform users that if they did receive any such communication that it was fake and misleading. Went on to explain that XBMC is free... addons from our site are free... and that (OBVIOUSLY) we would never request money for the use of anything connected directly, or indirectly, to our site.

Lastly, I am now looking through our Facebook, Twitter, logo, and all PR items to ensure that any misrepresentations are dealt with. I can see some areas that need to be addressed and with the help of our team this will be fixed in the coming weeks.

I don't want confusion. I have always believed that these are two very different sites, serving two very different purposes. We will work in these coming weeks and months to do a better job making destinctions both fair and clear. The team has already begun discussions on steps that could be taken.
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
Bravo,now you need to keep to your words and fully state that your site is,for want of better words,a fan site which has nothing to do with XBMC.org.,and stop implying that your site is the driving force behind the development of XBMC.

Must be a blood rush to the head.

PS.
I dont like coldplay.
(2013-11-01, 15:34)Abrasher Wrote: All I will say is that the email in question has absolutely nothing to do with us. No one with access to our email list (two people in total) uses UK expressions like *mate. Not to mention that the email address is clearly a fake gmail address as we send all letters from the same email account.

Nothing but more drama from the same devs that are flaming here, there, our forums, twitter, Facebook, etc. Truly sad. Nothing more than attempt (as they are doing in this very thread) to keep themselves in a discussion while trying to confuse people regarding HUB.

I will hand it to them... This one is in their top 5 grossest moves yet. Take a brave soul for such foolishness.

We have yet to hear anything on our forums about this... and the team was just informed to gather as much info as possible if anything comes up.

Unless you have any concrete facts as to where the email originated from I suggest you stop accusing other people/sites.

The only fact at the moment is that you relish in attempting to pass yourself off as the official XBMC site.

So if you have nothing constructive to say why don't you shut TFU preacher man.

You said you weren't coming back to this thread, once again it seems your full of ....
This thread is caught in an eddy of waste matter swirling down into the sewer. It has outlived its original purpose and lately nothing constructive has been added to it. Thread locked.
At the request of other team members who feel this thread still has value since it is one of the few public vehicles available for XBMC users to share their experiences dealing with the subject site and its offerings, especially if this helps clear up any on-going confusion over who/what is official XBMC, I'm unlocking this thread.

To the representatives of the subject site and its splinter group: Take your squabble with each other elsewhere. Co-opting this thread to accuse the other party of the greater misconduct will be deemed off-topic and dealt with accordingly.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help spread the word: XBMCHUB is not XBMC.org3