[web interface addon] XBMC Music Remote
This is an early stage music remote control. On load it will index all your Artists, Albums, and Songs for quick lookups. It includes a search on the right hand side. You can drag items around on the playlist to move them in playlist order. I wanted to be able to control my music more winamp playlist style. I feel it offers far more flexibility. I plan to add my own shuffle and random "partymode" functions, because I have never been too thrilled with XBMCs. This is at best beta software, probably closer to alpha. With large libraries you might experience a 5-10 second load time as it populates all the songs for index, however it should respond very quickly after that.

https://github.com/srg2k5/XBMC-Music-Remote

Great job. I think XBMC is lacking a good 'music orientated' web interface. If I want to watch a film or video I will have my TV on and select it with my IR remote, but for music this isn't the case. I used to use MPD because I liked all of the different clients which allowed you to control music playback and have been trying to get the something similar for XBMC. I will track the progress of this and good luck with it, I will give it a proper test drive soon.
srg2k5,
you might want to take a look at what already exists before you decide if you want to code something from scratch. The following UI is already very good and has been around a long time...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51596
... IMO it could use some updating and enhancements but as far as a 'Jukebox' style UI it is the only one I've seen for XBMC.

Either way you go, a few suggestions...
1) make it touchscreen ready - requiring a mouse simply ignoring that touch is taking over.
2) many of us have multi-zones... please think about how to integrate a multi-zone UI
3) many of us have home automation... please have a space for custom, user-defined, buttons so we can trigger HTTP commands to our automation apps.

thx
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[web interface addon] XBMC Music Remote0