Req Improve Movie by Actors view (show only important actors)
Improve Movie by Actors view (show only important actors).

This feature would actually improve the browse movies by actors functionality a lot (instead of browsing through tens of thousands of actors, you could see only the important ones).

I know it's a difficult one, but being a programmer myself, I have a few suggestions:

1. Have a list of Stars (Important actors) on the server (can be update weekly).
IMDB has publicly available data on actors, movies, ratings, genres and so on (for personal use only Wink ). Now I am working on a small application that parses all this data, and outputs Actors ordered by a score (that is derived from the score of the movies it appeared in, taking a lot of heuristic into consideration). This can be a simple program (script) that can run automatically once per week when imdb updates their data. This can be then dowloaded from xmbc to provide a smart filter for actors to be able to show only "5 stars" actors (or 5 and 4 stars actors). When I reach a good enough heuristic for actors ratings I can send you the code.

2. Store favorites in the database (not xml) and allow smart filtering of actors also by favorites.
By default it would be nice in Actors view to have 4-5 stars actors and favorites. This way if a user likes some actors that are not quite known, he can make them appear in Actors view easily, by adding them to favorites.

Also this can work the same for Movie directors.

Hope to hear from you.

Sebutzu
3. Also a list with Academy Awards (plus other) winning/nominated actors would help narrow down / smart filter the actors (and directors) list.

This information can also be used when showing the actors in a movie (highlight important actors - different icons for awards, for 5 stars, for favorite), so that we can have a nice ordering of actors in a movie.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Improve Movie by Actors view (show only important actors)1