Linux HDMI Fullscreen on LCD TV
So, I've been trying to give my old Acer Veriton N260G a new life purpose as a HTPC. Right now I have installed XBMC on top of Lubuntu 13.04, and applied the auto login to xbmc session somewhere in the wiki. I connected the PC to my 32" SHARP AQUOS LCD TV via HDMI.

The proper resolution for the the is 1360x768 which is widecreen. When I boot my PC, the default resolution displayed for the screen is squared 1024x768, which is still fine for me in terms of booting. the problem is, when i changed the resolution to 1360x768 or any higher resolution than 1024x768, it gave me something like this:

penyimpanan gambar gratis

The resolution in XBMC seems right, but somehow the right side is showing the background of the desktop. When I log in to Lubuntu session and start the XBMC Media Center it runs fine no problem. But my purpose for this PC is to boot right to the XBMC so i can control it straight via xbmc remote on my android device without connecting keyboard or mouse to control the PC. Same problem happens before when I tried XBMCbuntu.

My Acer Veriton N260G spec:
Quote:Processor - 1 x Intel Atom N280
Cache Memory - L2 Cache
RAM - 2 GB - DDR2 SDRAM
Hard Drive - 1 x 160 GB - standard
Card Reader - Yes
Monitor - None.
Graphics Controller - Intel GMA 4500M Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0
Audio Output - Sound card - stereo

Is there any way to fix this? Much appreciate for help.
Bump.
Sounds like your TV is not providing proper EDID info. Put the Horizontal and Vertical frequencies into xorg.conf.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI Fullscreen on LCD TV0