install on Synology dual core
I have a synology 1512+ and run a few apps off it's linux OS. I would LOVE to run XBMC off it too (its very capable with 3GB RAM, dual core 2.13GHz intel procs)

I've been playing with tvheadend, plex and other apps running off the Synology, but I'm curious...

Has anyone has installed Frodo on a Synology?
Is there an installation package coming?

Thanks!
CPU wise it is decent but what about GPU? The Synology's do not have one. It works for plex but only as a server and not a client which is where the Audio/Video output is handled. Its just not what they are meant for (I have a DS412+ myself).

Ernie
Probably wont happen even though it's certainly possible as Synology competitors like QNAP and Thecus had already made builds of XBMC for their NAS based off the same Intel Atom D2700 series. However these builds have proved unstable and Asustor themselves have said that's the reason they aren't doing XBMC for their 2700 series NAS instead shifting over to replacement Intel Atom 3000 series for XBMC (which supposedly works better why I've no clue, Thecus are doing the same).

Synology also have NAS in the works based off the 3000 series, if they do release a version I would expect it only for those.
Humm..the 3000 would definitely be an improvement but still, XBMC + all of the NAS functionality? Seems like it would still be alot especially if you want Gigabit throughput (thats why I spent the extra bucks to get the "+"). Any preliminary data available yet?

Ernie

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
install on Synology dual core0