HELP how to change extrathumbs ?
hi all

I use xbmc 12.2 and aeon nox skin and i have had some movies that show 4 extrathumbs but a couple of them are not that good so i wanted to change the pictures so replaced the old pictures with new ones in the extrathumbs folder.

I then deleted the movie from xbmc library and cleaned the library then added the mvoie back into the library but its still showing the old extrathumbs ? How can i change these as i can not find an option to do so, like i said i have changed the extrathumbs in the main movie folder but xbmc keeps showing the older versions of the pictures and not the new updated version.

thanks
the cache will update after a few days and the new extrathumbs will appear.
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
If you don't want to wait I'm pretty sure that Texture Cache Maintenance utility will fix it.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
oops - forgot about the cache management utility - hehe - guess i'm just lazy LOL
Cheers both

But I will see if it updates on its own as I did not relise it takes a couple of days. Did not know it did that. Will that be the same for a system that uses a server with MySQL. As I run 2 front ends and a server.

Leepenny u the same person on fanart if so I do t know if u remember me as I got some help on photoshop from u
@meridius - yes I am the same guy (check out my signature) - hope the disc art is coming along - remember stephen king christine disc (first one you did)

- regards using a server with mysql - it should be the same - although cant confirm for definite
- if it doesnt work please let us know here
(2013-08-19, 22:42)leepenny Wrote: @meridius - yes I am the same guy (check out my signature) - hope the disc art is coming along - remember stephen king christine disc (first one you did)

- regards using a server with mysql - it should be the same - although cant confirm for definite

Wow, not until now have I checked out your link. Beautiful work! Shall I assume that these are all available for Artwork Downloader to draw upon?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
yes all available - also do some private requests as well (bit swamped atm)
(2013-08-19, 22:42)leepenny Wrote: @meridius - yes I am the same guy (check out my signature) - hope the disc art is coming along - remember stephen king christine disc (first one you did)

Lol yep my first go at it, been realy busy for a couple of months so did not have much time to make more and practice but my photoshop expired as well but thinking of buying it.

i am abit famous now look here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170422

first video 4:01 into video its my last stand disc art, my work is in a video lol

will let you know if the extrathumbs change i just hope they do.
nice.............everyone deserves 5 minutes of fame - LOL
let me know if they do otherwise I have another (easy way) to do it
Just reporting back

It seems xbmc 12.2 refreshes the thumbs like you said after a couple of days.

Happy days

Cheers

Leepenny will catch you over at fanart
no problemo
(2013-08-22, 22:47)meridius Wrote: Just reporting back

It seems xbmc 12.2 refreshes the thumbs like you said after a couple of days.

I had the same problem with some wrong thumbs, and your comment made me wonder... what about changing system date of the computer? Could it trick xbmc and make it update thumbs? The answer is... Yes!!!

I closed xbmc, changed system date to 10 days into the future, started xbmc, updated movie library and that's all, the new thumbs appeared!!! Afterward i got back to the correct date.

Thanks for your hint, I didn't feel like trying the script some people pointed to... too much hassle for just a couple of thumbs...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HELP how to change extrathumbs ?0