CrystalHD Memory Leak
Hi guys,

I'm experiencing the symptoms of the 'memory leak' issue with the crystalhd card (70015).

After a reboot, everything is fine but the next day all movies stutter... Reboot, and again everything is fine.

So, are there any solutions as of yet , and can I contribute or help with any logs? (can you tell me which log and how to make it).

Thanks!
Melvin
I'm not sure what the status is on the OS X BCHD driver, but I know the linux driver is working quite well. I'm not a developer myself, but I'm guessing interest in BCHD + Mac OS X is a lot less than BCHD + Linux. Needing the BCHD typically implies an already low-powered computer, where linux might be a good idea anyways. I've long since replaced Mac OS X (a modified version of 10.4) on my ATV1 with Linux. It might be worth looking into if you can't find a solution under OS X.
Thanks Ned, but ditching the original Frontrow is not an option for me. I've even bought the ATV mainly as a music player (controlled through Remote on iPhone). After that, aTVflash was there and I was able to play some videos on it. Right now, I discovered the BCHD and it has become my full time media player...

But really can't loose the original OS.

However I would love a dual boot form. Because now I have only a 720p upscaled to 1080p (and if I play 1080p files, it gets downscaled to 720p and then upscaled to 1080p - can you follow that)... Then I would have full 1080p support...

Is that possible, a dual boot kind of solution? (or mount the USB stick with CB on the fly, without getting in to my closet and plugging it in?)
It's possible, and I think some people have done it, but off hand I don't have any links or guides. The forums at http://crystalbuntu.com might have more clues about dual booting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CrystalHD Memory Leak0