How to create custom genre in xbmc
Hi, I had a quick look, but couldn't really find an answer.

I want my movies to be categorized by what I define them to be. For instance I want to create a genre called "Middle East", etc ...

I want to manually add all of my movies to my custom genres. And I want those custom genres to be the only genres listed.

How would I do that?

Thanks a lot!
Create an nfo file for each of your movies and provide an override genre via the <genre> tag with the clear attribute so any genre(s) obtained via the scraper are ignored:
Code:
<genre clear="true">Middle East</genre>
See here for more info on creating movie nfo files: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO_files/movies
Thanks a lot!

I had a look at the wiki and I am not that sure what I need out of it.

I tried the following:

Code:
<movie>
        <title>BODY OF LIES</title>
</movie>

Now I actually have my custom genreBlush, but no actual info for the movie whatsoever.Confused

I want everything to stay the same way except the genre.

How can I do this the easy way?

thanks a lot so far
In your NFO file, include a URL to the movie on TMDB or IMDB. See examples in link I provided above.
That worked, thanks a lot!

I take it there is no way to skip that? Do I really need to add the URL manually to every single movie?
I don't use them myself, so I can't provide you with any details, but you may be able to use one of the media manager tools to retrieve metadata for your movies and create local NFO files for them. You can then edit the NFO files to "fix-up" your genre information.
Since I have to edit each file anyways, I'll just do it manually. Will take some time, but I can live with that.

Thanks so much.

I use this code by the way:
Code:
<movie>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758774/
What i would suggest is to go and download a media manager for ur movies, run them all thru that so they get all the stuff written to an nfo file then alter them towards ur genres! That will save u time and give u all the details of the film along with movie art and that stuff!

Im on a mac and use vimedia manager! Its awesome! And there are a ton out there on this forum that people have written already to run ur movie collection thru!

Dang sorry art! I hadnt read ur post! Nice post art!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to create custom genre in xbmc0