Win Episode Fanart troubles
So I'm trying to get my images all in order and not sure what I am doing wrong here.
I started fresh with a 2 season show. I only have the video files in each season folder.
When I have EMM scrape the show, it asks ...
Code:
Show Poster
Show Fanart
All Seasons Poster
Season 1
-------- Season Posters
-------- Season Fanart
Season 2
-------- Season Posters
-------- Season Fanart
Here is where my troubles are.
Season Fanarts dont appear to be working as they should. I thought Season Fanart was supposed to be carried over to the episodes of said season?
Here are my settings right now for TV Shows

What XBMC version do you use? These settings will not work with Frodo.

You can use the Frodo button for a correct file name setting that will work perfect with XBMC Frodo+.

Season fanart is sopportet by Frodo. The only thing that not work in XBMC is "Episode Fanart". XBMC use always the season fanart for episodes.
I use latest version but what if I didnt use XBMC at all? Shouldn't EMM still create the images for use elsewhere?
Hi mediaplayer, i took a long to discover what was the configuration. For season fanart works properly, you need to check the box: seasonXX-fanart.jpg.

Try this configuration, It is only the season fanart that isnt working?
What I want are each season to have a season poster and a season fanart (background art) but also each episode to have the season fanart
I assumed making a check in <episode>.fanart.jpg would do this.
Looks like the only way I can get Episode fanart to match Season fanart, is to manually select each episode, right click, edit episode, fanart tab, scrape images and change to the fanart I chose for that specific season. Seasons with as many as 20+ episodes can take a while.
It would be nice if episodes could display it's season fanart rather than the fanart.jpg
thats weird, did you check the seasonXX-fanart.jpg? If you did it should be the way you want, my xbmc shows the season fanart for all episodes.

If you do this ember will save the fanart in the tv show folder. For example:

The Walking Dead\Season 1

season fanart should be in The Walking Dead Folder, but ember does all the job.
I get Season Fanart, but EVERY season episode has the same fanart (usually the first season) and not the one chosen for each individual season I chose.
So say I choose Image 1.jpg for Season 1 Fanart and Image 2.jpg for Season 2 Fanart
Season 1 episodes will have Image 1.jpg for their fanart but Season 2 will also, rather than having Image 2.jpg
I think i got it! Try this: uncheck the box <episode>.fanart.jpg. Leave the option Episode Fanart empty, and then delete all the <episode>.fanart.jpg of the folders, you have to delete all <episode>.fanart.jpg that ember downloaded.

EDIT: Forget all that i said now.
I have tried so many configurations I know one of them HAS to do it.
Now i finally got it! I already made it work, but i changed my configurations by accident, now i remembered and tested and its working nice.

First copy my configurations: Image

Now i need to know what skin are you using. I have Ace Skin, after you have made the right configuration and ember downloaded the files, i needed to configure my skin to show the season fanart(when i'm choosing what episodes i'm gonna watch). And its done.

If i check the box of episode fanart, no matter what option i choose, ember will download the show fanart as episode fanart for all the episodes you have. Thats why you need to chek the fanart box too, because its the fanart.jpg that xbmc will "see" as the season fanart for your episodes.

Thats what i concluded and its working.

If it doesnt work problaby its because of the configuration of your skin, if it happens let me know and i'll try to help you.
Thank for all the help Luque. I really appreciate it whether it works for me or not.
As of right now, not too interested in it working in XBMC because EMM clearly doesn't even create episode fanart.
Using the settings you posted, I do not get the images I want which are episode fanart for EACH episode, even though they will all be the same image.

Using YOUR settings, here is what I get.
FIRST image is when Adventure Time is clicked (first Blue highlighted line)

SECOND image is when Season 1 is clicked (second Blue highlighted line) Notice the fanart I chose for Season 1

THIRD image is when Episode 1 is clicked (third Blue highlighted line)
I would assume the background fanart should be that of the one in the second image I posted above.

Using your settings I was not getting EMM to create episode fanart, so I went back into settings and I put a check in the option <episode>.fanart.jpg and it made episode fanart for each episode when I re-scrape, it went from the grey out image to the Blue background like the first image I posted. Shouldn't EMM know that episode fanart should come from Season fanart?
Ok MediaPlayer, lets get it working.

When you used my settings everything was ok, here in my EMM when click on my episodes, the background is just like yours, tv show fanart in grey. in that step everything is right.

The thing is that with these settings i am using, xbmc will get it working the way you want it to work: the background of episodes season 1, showing fanart of season 1(the exactly fanart you are using for each season, in this case image number 2).

But if you scrape with <episode>.fanart.jpg it wont work, because ember will download the show fanart as episode fanart for all episodes of all seasons, and xbmc will "see"this, and you don't want this.

I don't know why EMM do this, and searched for an option to set automatically what images i wanted for episode fanart, but i didn't found.

EMM will not show correctly but when you are in XBMC everything is ok. Are you using XBMC?
Thanks for the reply.
I will be using XBMC soon as I needed to build a new HTPC
I just want to make sure it shows all images correctly. As it is now, it seemed EMM was not creating fanart for episodes that matched the one I chose for it's corresponding season. That's all I need to want it to do since having episodes fanart be default to just SHOW fanart.
When I opened a folder on my PC I was not seeing fanart images for episodes so that's why I was concerned.
Use the two Frodo buttons, that's the only thing to do for XBMC. Believe me, all other settings won't work correctly with Frodo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Episode Fanart troubles0